FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez! When I told my pillion gilfriend that she had to loose some weight because the FJR AE will allow less 20 Kg (45 lbs) of load, she considered this an insult and asked for the divorce.

What do you think boys?

A) I'd better keep my 05 model;
B) I must look for a slimmer girlfriend;
C) All this is a lie and the 06 will allow the same kilos of previous models.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I think she thinks the AE is only for girly men, and is exclusively interested in a man that can handle a clutch.

And you're full of $h!t... ;) :D

:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Liquidsilver said:
I think she thinks the AE is only for girly men, and is exclusively interested in a man that can handle a clutch.
Yeah! Maybe in a near future there will be two kind of "machos": those who can and those who can't handle a clutch. So I must keep my 05, uh?

Thanks pal. Any way more opinions are welcome ;-)

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
miguel21op said:
So I must keep my 05, uh?
Or just buy the male version of the '06.

all in good fun, buddy ;)

20valves will be here shortly to slap me for my prior comments. :cry:

·
Registered
85 Posts
What a wonderful opportunity to do something together, and develop an even greater bond. :idea:

Just think about it: dieting together, exercising together, as well as riding together, how wonderful for you. That way, if she can't loose 10 kgs and you can't lose 10 kgs together, there's always a Goldwing to keep your relationship safe, and the decsion would be mutual.

Or, she could always find a Harley rider, who not only knows how to handle a clutch, but also a b*%ch, and your problem is solved, and you could buy a R1 and not worry about what any pillion thinks, or look for a pillion that "fits" the bike, and buy whatever you like.

I, in all honestly, always look at any potential love interest as a possible pillion. If she can't fit on the back of my current ride, I won't date her.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
st ryder said:
Or, she could always find a Harley rider, who not only knows how to handle a clutch, but also a b*%ch, and your problem is solved.

If she ever considers to leave me for a Harley rider then it's obvious she is not a normal woman, and not good enough for me...

·
Registered
117 Posts
miguel21op said:
C) All this is a lie and the 06 will allow the same kilos of previous models.
Even if this turns out to be correct and you can still carry the same amount of weight that you can on pre-'06 models, you'll still have that hefty extra 45lbs of weight to heave around in the corners. etc.

Additionally, you'll have to resigned yourself with the loss of purely rider-controlled braking inputs, since the new models are now saddled with Linked Brakes (until/unless you disable them). Admittedly, LBS probably shouldn't be that much of a concern for the casual or inexperienced rider (I believe you are neither, Miguel.... :wink: )

I'd probably counsel for staying with the '05, unless the AE model is so attractive to you that you must have it right now. Too, it may be wise to allow a year to go by before picking up the AE, to allow others to discover any problems the new system may have, should there be any.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warchild said:
I'd probably counsel for staying with the '05, unless the AE model is so attractive to you that you must have it right now. Too, it may be wise to allow a year to go by before picking up the AE, to allow others to discover any problems the new system may have, should there be any.

Yeah! Maybe this is the correct thing to do. I also think that there will be things to fix in the first AE models.
OK. Then I will tell my gal: "Forgive me, I was wrong. I would never trade you for a new bike. Sorry!". But, just in case, during 2006 I'll take her only to vegetarian restaurants.

Warchild: Have you ever consider to become a marriage counselor?

·
Registered
163 Posts
miguel21op said:
rad said:
Why must it be her that has to shed the weight?
Just because I'm a very elegant person. Instead of eating Big Macs I ride my bike...
Ah, so what you are saying is that your girlfriend needs to lay off the Big Mac's, then...

Man, you never give up, do you? :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
miguel21op said:
If she ever considers to leave me for a Harley rider then it's obvious she is not a normal woman, and not good enough for me...
A "Harley woman" like's her man big and hard, and wild. Men who know how to show a woman a good time on their big hogs, regardless of the size of her back porch, unlike "elegant" men, who demand they quit gobbling Big Macs. :D Sorry to hear such women are not for you. 8)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
st ryder said:
A "Harley woman" like's her man big and hard, and wild. Men who know how to show a woman a good time on their big hogs, regardless of the size of her back porch, unlike "elegant" men, who demand they quit gobbling Big Macs. :D Sorry to hear such women are not for you. 8)

Don't get me wrong man: it's amazing but I admit there is a bunch of fine guys riding Harleys. For the moment I don't remember none but sure there are some out there :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
"You have to think about what you should do?"

What girlfriend......

Go the bike mate!! the '06 model will pull the chicks for you anyway.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
moose said:
Go the bike mate!! the '06 model will pull the chicks for you anyway.
You've got a point pal! But, quoting Liquidsilver, how would those chicks react when they notice I can't handle my clutch?! For the time being maybe it's wiser to keep my "old" FJR A model 2005...

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
LoL

Who needs a bike to get chicks, anyway?

The chicks you get with a shiney bike ain't worth it. A well-cut suit, on the other hand...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think you should keep the 05 and buy an 06AE, then decide which one you like the best and sell the other one. :roll:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts