FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
That type of thing is why I went for the 2015 instead of a 16+. I said 6 speed would be cool yes, but the 2015 is latest model of the transmission they used for what..15years straight? I figured anything on that trans that needed sorting would have been well sorted in 15 years.
or if there WAS a problem, it would show up in less than 4 years

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
99 Posts
Over the 110,000 miles I had my 09 the valves were adjusted 2 times and they were checked as recommended.

I checked the valves on my 17 and they were in spec at 20k miles. I did it early because it was springtime and I didn't want to do it in the middle of riding season. During the valve check on the 17 I removed the PAIR, put on the block off plates and it generated an error code. I reinstalled the PAIR, the error code remained so I took it to the dealer where the error code was cleared for free. I sold the block off plates.

I will continue to check the valves every 26k miles or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the Gen 2 bike would trigger a check engine light if the PAIR solenoid is removed?

Thanks
Yamaguy1300

2007 FJR 1300
2007 Ducati S2R 800

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,117 Posts
The CEL is triggered only on 2016-up. If the solenoid is removed, the ECU knows it. All the plumbing can be removed, but leave the solenoid there..... or, install a resistor of appropriate value would likely fix that little issue, but the solenoid doesn't take up much space (the hoses do).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plan to remove the air injection system on my gen2. I watched a video saying to plug 5 hoses, however it showed 6. 4 from reed valves, 1 to air box. Where does the other one go. Looks to be to left front of bike.

Thanks
Yamaguy1300

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,117 Posts
It goes nowhere, has a metal plug in the hose and a clamp. Cut that hose off and slip it on to the air box complete with metal plug.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Based upon my many years on FJR forums, I'd say that yes, you are a rare one.
I guess it depends how you define rare, but I am going to have to disagree. Over the years I have had to re-shim out of spec valve clearances many times. Approximately 30%.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts