FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed today and very pleased with the product. Will not get into the installation because many posts on here about the process. I found the installation process pretty simple once you sit down and prepare by reviewing the whole procedure first. The prep work prior to install is essentially adding provided parts to reposition clutch line and brake line to allow for handlebar positioning on the plate once installed. Everything aligned perfectly - no work arounds required. My skills at things like this are probably below average, and I had no trouble installing. Took about 1.5 hours to actually do the work.

My advice is to review all the posts and pics on this forum. They were very helpful, so thanks to all that have posted these threads!

Another happy customer of this riser plate. Love the options for adjustments!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Love mine as well. Well worth the investment.

Reactions: FJR Dreamer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, Sir! I added em to mine and love em.
Being an older rider, the stock position was just killing my lower back after a couple of hours of riding. These put me in a little more upright position allowing me to go all day now without issues. It turned a very good bike into a really great bike, if not one of the best I've ever owned! Can't say enough good about em.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but for the people who bought them directly from the manufacturer, did you have any issues with having to pay additional tax/import fees in America. I want to get this over the Heli bar option, but I'm paranoid about it getting stopped in customs and getting whacked with taxes and fees that exceed the value. Any input ould be great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but for the people who bought them directly from the manufacturer, did you have any issues with having to pay additional tax/import fees in America. I want to get this over the Heli bar option, but I'm paranoid about it getting stopped in customs and getting whacked with taxes and fees that exceed the value. Any input ould be great!
Where is it coming from? I buy quite a few of my parts from italy and have never paid any duty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm going back a long way here, but IIRC I bought directly from the manufacturer in Germany and there were no additional taxes/fees.

That being said, though I thought the the the MV's were the best risers solution out there, now that I have both on different FJRs I prefer the Heli risers. Their solution for the handlebar cover plates is much better, the MV ram ball is total shit imho, and having access to the steering stem nut with the Heli's for adjustment or farkling is a major plus. Additionally, the Helis have more range of adjustment.

Reactions: maximrebel

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I bought the same plate from the US supplier and there was no additional duties, the plate was sold under the name; "MV Vermolen"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going back a long way here, but IIRC I bought directly from the manufacturer in Germany and there were no additional taxes/fees.

That being said, though I thought the the the MV's were the best risers solution out there, now that I have both on different FJRs I prefer the Heli risers. Their solution for the handlebar cover plates is much better, the MV ram ball is total shit imho, and having access to the steering stem nut with the Heli's for adjustment or farkling is a major plus. Additionally, the Helis have more range of adjustment.
We'll, I pulled the trigger and bought the MV. If the helibar didn't require that extra stump of break line I would probably have gone that direction as well. I didn't realize that the Heli would allow access to the steering nut.
My biggest concern was addressing the sweep of the bars, I don't know why with all of the complaints I've seen about it Yamaha hasn't addressed it. I want to get the bars as "flat" as I can. My last bike was a cruiser with a straight drag bar and that never bothered my hands/wrists. My understanding was that the Heli had more adjustment, but that it was able to sweep back more. I'm 6foot so I don't need the bars closer, just flatter. Would you say that one of the systems gets the bars meaningfully flatter than the other? If the Heli does, I may just try to resell the MV and get the Heli, if it's the same or MV does better there, I'll just keep the MV.
Thanks for your input!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts