FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I got myself an '04 ABS a couple of months ago and have, naturally, been searching the forums for replacement screen recommendations. I finally settled on this:

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_Vario_Screens_for_Yamaha.html

It's very good. Fully extended you can feel like you're riding a maxi scooter since you're looking through the screen, but the protection is excellent and seems to get better the faster you go. Worth getting the clear version if you're planning on doing this at night. The height is adjustable but it was most effective at it's tallest so I didn't see much point in that feature.
Detach the top part and you've got a sporty screen which is great for city riding and back roads. It's amazing the change in feel when the screen is out of your field of vision.

The only downside is the price - you are getting two screens for the price of two.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Human,

I personally don't think that the price is that bad, considering the protection it gives.

Yamaha's larger screen costs over £160.00 and is'nt half as effective.
I bought one on eBay last year for £80.00 incl postage, and thought I got a bargain! ............................ until I see the price of the MRA screen, and thats brand new!! :cry:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Bought a brand new Yamaha tall screen still in the box off ebay for £5.50 a couple of weeks ago. 8)
Postage was £11 quid though :cry:

·
Registered
149 Posts
When you take the top half off you get a brilliant summer screen lots of airflow and it looks quite cool as well, mind with the top half off and you get caught in a rainstorm there isnt much protection

I have used mine on my commute all winter (75 miles each way) but the only time I put it right up is when its raining cats and dogs otherwise I leave it half way up. Suits me to a T at that height

1 - 4 of 4 Posts