FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Was thinking about going but decided to spennd the money on combustibles for this weekend :mrgreen: :twisted:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Went on Saturday, spent more than I intended as usual!!
Loved the new FJR, the Blue is sweet!! not so sure about the semi-auto version though, still it would be good to give it a ride.
New boots were £109, mind you I talked them down from the advertised £150
Fog City
Ultraseal
Biggest rip off of the show had to be the burgers at £4.50 each or plus a quid for cheese, taking sarnies & a flask next year!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Bloke I share an office with went with his missus on Sunday and he said the food prices were well over the top. Two jacket potatoes and cups of coffee came to over ten quid, and they wanted more than a fiver for a humble cornish pastie. After he'd spent £30 on entry tickets it made for an expensive day out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I learnt a few years back to take my own butties and wash them down with a cup of expensive coffee.

Bought a black Frank Thomas lined, armoured, cordura jacket for 99.00 Blairos, a set of T-bar allen keys for 15.00 and a pile of sew-on reflective strips for my cycling-to-work jacket for 2.00.

Did you see Asimo the robot on the Honda stand? Very clever. I want one to hoover the garage and mow the lawns.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Found this picture on another website...

What you staring at woody? :lol:

edit
My mate's just pointed out that the gentleman next to woody bears a passing resemblance to myself.
I fail to see why anyone should confuse a somewhat balding person of a bearded persuasion......... :oops:

·
Registered
185 Posts
ASIMO was very creepy, caught it by accident while the wife was refusing to get off a Triumph America on the next stand; I reckon there was a dwarf in that outfit!!
Sorry but before someone jumps on me I obviously mean "person of small stature" to be more PC.
:roll:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sod the PC lark.

As a Geordie Fundamentalist I was brought up to call a dwarf a dwarf.

He seems to be the offspring of a joint mating between a starship trooper, C3-PO and R2-D2. But I'm not sure which one of them was female.

Try doing a Google on ASIMO. Dwarf-powered or otherwise, he's a popular lad with several websites to his name.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Marshman, no one would recognise you from that piccy because you weren't doing this.

Plenty of mileage left in that photo yet.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eh Marshman we've been impersonated!! - I'm far far slimmer than that dodgy character in your photo.

Looks as though I've grown 6 inches both ways. :shock:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Me & Ail will be there Saturday you & Woody meeting up with us & Reeso for a pint

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You bet we are Murf, Daftlad & Kath are coming as well... 8)
Still got to find where you are staying I think it's off the Chester Road :?:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Murf, meeting up with Reeso so see you there 4 a beverage or 3!!
(Ian {Daftlad} and Kath will also be at tut pub)

Ooops didn't see Neals reply :oops: - difficult this page thingy!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Probably a daft question, but its something that hasn't been shown properly in any of the photos I've seen. Are the mirrors now like the BM and Pan with a fixed outer shell within which the mirror can be adjusted, or are they just shaped differently and colour matched?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The mirrors are like the Blackbirds move within the shell.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't think we're going to the bike show this year :(, never mind I'll see the new FJR when we go to Daytona Bike Week in March 8)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts