FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone.

I'm new to this message board and am waiting for my new '06 FJR to be delivered. I previously owned an FZ1 and wasn't too concerned about security. However, with the new FJR I would like to install an alarm or other security system on the bike. Does anyone have any experience with any systems on the market, or other concerns about having your cycle lifted? Was looking at the Scorpio unit as I saw the advert in trade magazine the other day in a store. Has anyone had any experiences with this model; good or bad, I would like to know.

Thanx!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here in the UK I think I am right in saying that the META system is the recomended alarm & certainly I'm very pleased with mine.
You can get a full system or if your bike (in UK all do) has a built in immobiliser you can save a few quid by getting the META upgrade, no point in paying for another immobiliser!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the Scorpio in my 03. When I ordered it I also ordered the factory plug-in connector kit made for the FJR and the 3 stage perimeter sensor. With the factory plug-in connector all I had to do was unplug the tail light wiring harness and plug in the connector kit to the tail light harness. It took me less than an 45 minutes to put it in and it works great. I'm very satisfied with the unit.

DaveS :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for all the info. I not expecting delivery of my '06 until sometime the end of February(that's what the dealer said, anyway), so I'll make a decision then. The Scorpio looks pretty good though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scrappd said:
Thanx for all the info. I not expecting delivery of my '06 until sometime the end of February(that's what the dealer said, anyway), so I'll make a decision then. The Scorpio looks pretty good though.
Lucky you! I'm waiting for my '06 California model. Yam's web site says March for 49 state bikes, late April for Calif. bikes. I think its because of that STUPID exhaust something-or-other bit required in Calif. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts