FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a race. If you didn't see it check out the final lap. Poor edwards leads the entire race and crashes on the last lapand Hayden wins his first in Europe. Rossi crashed in practice , hurt his wrist but still managed 8th place. Looks like Haydens the man this year. Gotta feel bad for Edwards. He rode a really good race and finished 13th after his crash.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
number2 - not too subtle for those who didn't know the result and the details before your post :crylarf:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Results

David,

If you don't know the results Monday after a Saturday event, you don't care do you.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Edward rode a storming race got passed by Hayden on the second to last lap and Hayden had 1.1 second lead and Edwards got back past him within one lap (then who ever decided to put Astroturf on the corner should be shot) then fell off at some speed.
Edwards was robbed by the track. :x

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mtotgp

considering his riding during the year and how he's finished other races, I was amazed Edwards was able to pull such a big lead over the other riders (all except Hayden). The young guns who've been challenging Rossi were not able to do anything. Also, the competitiveness between the different brands has made it much more interesting, even though Honda is dominating. Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Ducati are all getting on the podium. Even Kenny Roberts is riding well on his dad's bike.

If you have a chance to go to Laguna Seca, do it. You will not regret it. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was there and saw the whole thing!!!!

You could see it building and the atmosphere was great and you just new it was going to be on the last lap, .. should have heard the 'oooooo ahhhhh' when edwards binned it on the last corner, really felt for him and was willing him on for that first win.

Have a great ring tone now on the mobile--- John Hopkins at full chat and then the over run-- what a noise the Suzuki makes. :shock:

Teejay

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Re: Results

BAGSTR said:
David,

If you don't know the results Monday after a Saturday event, you don't care do you.
Or you've been away for the weekend, set the recorder, and avoided the results (of the MotoGP, the F1GP in Canada, and the Rugby, and the World Cup.) :mrgreen: Just like you care enough to do a 5,000km round trip to watch the MotoGP when it's in your home country.

The recorder did it's job, stayed up an watched ecerything for me. Now I have to keep my side of the bargain and watch it all too :crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts

BAGSTR said:
Hey, hey, hey! I care! :p :wink:

It often takes me DAYS to get a whole hour to watch a race.

I thought number2 did fine, I KNEW to avoid this post from the title. :D (until last night)

- - - - -

WHAT A FRIGGIN HOOOOOOTTT!!!!!

I couldn't breathe at the end of that last lap!

If I get close to Nicky at Laguna Seca, I don't know whether to slap him for nearly throwing his title into the kitty litter, or give him a big pat on the back for that 'DO or DIE' move into that last turn!

Edwards was clearly in 'win or crash mode.' But I think his leaving the track was more compassion than necessity. IIRC, he could've parked Nicky in the concession stands on that last turn.

Jeez what a race!!! When Edwards crashed I couldn't breathe.

:)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Laguna Seca will be a battle between Edwards, Hayden, Roberts & Hopkins. :mrgreen:
But Rossi is going to use some of the other gears this time and go.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts

Liquidsilver said:
I thought number2 did fine, I KNEW to avoid this post from the title. :D (until last night)
That's interesting - it must be the way I access the board. From the home page I always click on 'View Last Full Day' (in the Board Navigation Area - top left). This then gives the title and the first 2 or 3 lines of each post, (20 to a page, latest post first) and this is where I saw the results. You can't avoid the first lines of a post entering this way.

So apologies, No2 - you did good not revealing the outcome in the title, and it's just a combination of other factors that gave the result away before I could watch the replay. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts

BAGSTR said:
David,

So, if you don't want to know the results of the race why did you choose to open and read a thread called MotoGP?

I guess the whole world has to wait to talk about the race until all TIVO owners get a chance to watch the race. How uncourteous of us :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts

FantasticJohnR said:
So, if you don't want to know the results of the race why did you choose to open and read a thread called MotoGP?

I guess the whole world has to wait to talk about the race until all TIVO owners get a chance to watch the race. How uncourteous of us :twisted:
Wassamatter FantasticJohnR - don't you read :shock: I thought my above post shows very clearly how you see the first 2 lines of a thread WITHOUT opening it.

Go the the FJROwners home page here: http://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/portal.php

Top left there is a box titled: Board Navigation

Click on: » View Last Full Day and it takes you to a page which shows the thread title AND THE FIRST TWO LINES OF THE POST WITHOUT OPENING THE THREAD. Try, it, go on.

And that's the point of my last post - No2 did good not to give it away in the title, but the circumstances by which I access the days posts meant that the first two lines of the post gave it away. Hence my apology to No2.

IF you understand this, you'll see that I did not 'choose to open the thread', and your unwarranted sarcasm is misplaced. But seeing as you didn't read my last post accurately I don't expect that you will geddit :crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
What's Hayden up to!
I know some of the main riders are back to form after Gib's cock up, but 9th whats that all about?
All he's done is allow Pedrosa, Rossi & Melandri see the title.
But on the good side it's going to be a belter right to the end of the season. :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Time to wield the Big Stick again !!

Last half of the Sepang race was good wasn't it?

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
marshman said:
Last half of the Sepang race was good wasn't it?
Oooh ya. Lots of fun. If I were British, I think I'd say it was a real 'ding-dong' battle! :D

My daughter actually sat with me to watch it... 8)

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts