FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread for the MotoGP 2006. Dates are Fri 15 Sept to Sun 17 Sept. I have heard a rumour that some may spend a week in Tassie afterwards Since updated by Phil below.

At this stage we have only vague plans to go down, leaving Tuesday 12 Sept. and probably same route as last year (only slower in some sections :oops: ) Any others with plans?

The dates in this post were originally incorrect, but the above dates are now right

·
Registered
46 Posts
David
If you go down on those dates , you will miss the GP, it has been brought forward a month :crylarf:
Check out Addy below

http://bikes.grandprix.com.au/event_information

I am off to Tas in October for a little ride though!
I am boarding the ship in Melboune on the evening of the 8/10/06 and returning on 20/10/06, detouring down the Great Ocean Road and spending a few days in the Barrossa Valley. Have accomadation in Tas, really cheap(FREE!) from an old school mate, with a few spaces left for any one who might be interested in going over on those dates.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil - that was actually the site I got the dates from, but in the TEXT on the page (which still refers to teh 2005 GP - I didn't spot that :roll: ), and not in the top left corner :lol:

OK - I've edited the dates in the first post.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have it the back of my mind to go down as I have never been to the GP. It will probably be a 4 day weekend, down Friday and home Monday, possibly camp down there somewhere nearby

·
Registered
46 Posts
JWM
If you are planning on camping, and by camping I mean in a tent like structure :roll: I would suggest that you reconsider your plans and find accomadation that is warm and windproof :shock: because there is no other place on the earth that has severe weather changes in short periods of time like Phillip Island, icicles fly off the Bass Staight and penetrate to the deepest cores of your body. On the other hand, you can have four days of perfect spring weather 8)
Trust me on this one - I been there!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks fastdevil, I am aware of the changeable weather, did camp there in 1999 at some caravan /camping ground near town. If I go this time I will probably camp with some mates away from the actual island and commute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts