FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has installed a Motofx garage door opener. I would be intrested in the details. I searched the old threads. Found one installed on the windshield button. The results sound less the satisfactory.I contacted Motofx. They were supposed to e-mail me some instruction from a simular install. Haven't heard from them yet. :?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went simple. Lift Master offers a keychain remote with 3 buttons that's really quite small. It's survived a few rainstorms so far with no problems. If it does fail it's no big deal in that it was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also went simple. Genie offers a very small keychain remote which I attached to a spot inside the fairing with industrial velcro. Added advantage of I can easily remove it if need be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buy the smallest one they sell, wire a pushbutton remote mounted on the fairing. Just wire to the contacts on the stock button. Makes a clean install.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the tank up still from the PCIII install. I have found the the wires for the hi/low beams. I plan to splice into the wires just above the connector. All I have to do is figure out where I am going to pick up A positive And negitive wire to power the unit. Want to figure out how to do a nice clean splice. I really dont like those huge crimp on splicers. Im not an electritican. I just like to keep things to a minimum on my key rings.
Got my new warrinety glove box from the dealer to day. Can't wait to put my baby back together and ride. Been down over a week. I'm starting to shake and itch. :crylarf:
Thanks all for the Input. Larry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Farkle complete

This turned out to be a very simple install. I just pushed the female wire connectors for the headlight dimmer switch out of the plug. I soldered the blue wire from the FX to the YELLOW/RED. The GREEN wire from the FX to the BLUE/BLACK. I used some speaker wire which I crimped loop connectors, blue for neg. Red for pos. attached to the battrey. Routed this wire with the rest of the wireing . Spliced them to the Red and brown of the unit. Used Velcro to hold the transmitter to the inside of the faring between the headlights. No visable signs of the install
This is a very SWEET FARKLE. Just turn on the key. Toggel the dimmer switch. Joilla! Garage door opens. Engine nor lights have to be running. :ale: Be safe, Larry[/b]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts