FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Can you get copies of the piccies? I had a lovely one taken on the A75 south of Clermont Ferrand this year. Nice twisty bit where I was well cranked over and it would be great with a frame on my mantelpiece.

Do you think I should write to the prefecture asking for a copy?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes Liz if you would kindly write to

la Direction de la Sécurité et de la Circulation Routière
DSCR
Arche Sud
92055 LA DEFENSE CEDEX

Giving your name and address / time of the alleged incident and place ,
With registration they will charge a small fee though :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Naughty girl, I didn't expect to find this sort of conversation under the topic :shock:
Do you want me to deal with the admin. side Liz???
They are just down the road from us :wink:
No need to give your english adress we'll give the french one :mrgreen:

·
Registered
728 Posts
IanFR said:
No need to give your english adress we'll give the french one :mrgreen:
Blimey, do they deliver the photos personally?

Excellent.

You'd better tell them that this is the character they're looking for, not the one in the red leathers that they got by mistake.

Better still, tell them his name's IAN and he rides an FJR in France. That should narrow it down a bit.

A limewashed oak frame would be perfect.

What a country.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep forward facing in le belle France, zaping along this year 4 of us, saw the signs backed off a bit wondering which way it faces only to be blasted by a local,on his ZZR trainers and 'T' shirt at 100plus.

So me thinks it must be ok and set the flashes going, trouble is 2 of our crowd said 'what camera?' :roll:

Oh well roll on May 06, when we are to do it all again on the way down to the Pyrenees this time---can't wait. 8)

Teejay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep it smooth, Keep it quick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Liz said:
What a country.
???? It was a joke Liz
Well, I do believe there are far fewer radars in France than in the UK....

And most are facing the traffic, though more and more take rear photos, they were getting fed up with bikes going through saluting them :evil:

@teejay
If you go to the map link marshman posted, you can see each radar,
red takes from the front
yellow from the rear
If you click on the number of the radar you will get a photo and description giving speed limit, direction etc.
I also use this site to download all this info into my GPS

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes Teejay did lead us into the speed trap with little thought for us normal law abiding people, But what if the camera had been rear facing, would the French police have gone to the bother of tracing British riders and enforcing the penalty, whatever that may have been.

Has anyone out there been subject to a follow up speeding offence when you have not been stopped at the time by the police when abroad. :?:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand that in the near future, EEC police forces will all be linked in order to apply fines in other EEC countries.

I think that this is already in force between belgium and France :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know of one guy who was in a rental car than got flashed on a quiet road in Queensland, Australia.
Not massively over the limit but the police went back to the rental company, got his UK details, and via Australian House in london, passed on the fine (With nice picture of license and the driver (2 cameras used))

He paid the fine £60-£80 quid (I think) since he wanted to go back there in the future.

Someone was determined that day :)

LSD

·
Registered
558 Posts
Whilst I agree, there is some very good biking roads in France, I feel it worth pointing out that after being stopped in Belguim last year, and donating £120 into Police funds, the cop did warn me that had I have been across the border a few miles up the road into France and caught, they would have taken my licence there and then, and I would have to arrange recovery of my bike myself, and, had I have been doing 20K more they would have taken the bike, never to have been seen again. :shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.