FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got home from the Stealership with my new FJR1300abs, and wanted to say hello. I have been lurking around during my decision to sell my FZ1 and move to the FJR. So far it feels like this is going to be a long winter, who buys a bike in Iowa in January?

I did have question that searching could not give me any help on, When I picked my bike up it was new (in the crate) bu the dealer said that the warranty started in June/05 "Because the FJR is special order." I was curious how other dealers have had them on the floor with a full warranty, and this guy seems to think my 000000.0 mile bike doesn't get one. I know that they are deposit bikes, but if it has never been sold/titled, why would Yamaha/dealer activate the warranty? Do you think I have a shot at getting my 12 months if I call Yamaha customer service? Has this been covered and I should have searched for some different keywords?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. And if you need a recommendation on a dealer NOT to buy from in Minnesota, drop me a line. I'd love to talk about this dealers version of "OTD" pricing, and customer service!

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
He lied to Yamaha and bought it as part of the PdP. As such, he claimed that someone prepaid for it and ordered it using a name he gave to Yamaha with the PdP paperwork. Once he received it, he had 15 days to deliver it to the owner and report that to the Yamaha or lose the $500 deposit (and any other per-bike incentives that Yamaha would calculate at the end of the year).

Clearly no one actually ordered it other than the dealer. He had no one to delivery it to. He reported to Yamaha that the PdP buyer took delivery and the clock started ticking on the warranty even though it was still in the crate.

If it were me, I'd call Yamaha Corp. Customer Service with the VIN number, explain that you saw the bike in the crate prior to you buying it, fax them a copy of the sales documents if they want them, and ask that they reinstate your full warranty or "encourage" the dealership to refund your money. Otherwise the dealership got away with fraud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bounce. I am not considering a refund over this, just thought that maybe Yamaha would decide that their customer deserves a full warranty. I will call customer service and see what they say. I still have the option of getting the extended warranty, if I choose to. If the FJR is as bullet proof as the FZ1, I am not concerned about the warranty too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How's the FJR?

Profireguy said:
Thanks, Bounce. I am not considering a refund over this, just thought that maybe Yamaha would decide that their customer deserves a full warranty. I will call customer service and see what they say. I still have the option of getting the extended warranty, if I choose to. If the FJR is as bullet proof as the FZ1, I am not concerned about the warranty too much.
I loved my FZ1 and am now considering an FJR. Have you been happy with your FJR? Except for the dealer's double dealing, has anything bothered you about this transition?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts