FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, , been living with the 06 FJR about a month now. The more I ride it, the more I like it.

Planning three mods:

1) Taller Cal Sci shield on order.

2) Handlebar risers also ordered.

3) Thinking of having rider seat redone maybe 1/2 lower with some better foam.

I think the mods will really make the FJR work for me. Then , I can figure what GPS i'll be using.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Think carefully before you get the seat lowered. It may make no difference since the issue is width not height (see my post elsewhere for my solution)

Alan

·
Registered
75 Posts
600 miles later on my new '06fjr:

Handles great for a big bike - did manage to scrape my foot a few times while negotiating some curvy roads

Love the adjustable windshield! Considering I've never had one (R6 was previous bike) I like that I can get the full rush of wind or block 90% of it. Slight buffeting when up all the way but nothing to complain about - hey you're on a motorcycle

Very powerful! This baby sure can move

Mods:
Got the Motovation Frame Sliders just in case

Moved the handlebars to the back position - I'm 5'8" 160lbs so it was a bit of a stretch

Also considering the Corbin Seat for the 06, but $400 is pretty steep. The stock seat is ok. 200 miles in a day not a problem. Going to do 500 in a few weeks so we'll see how the stock seat affects the hiny. If the seat does get lowered, then there will be more of a bend in the knees - something else to think about. Considering an Airhawk (Aerostich catalog) but that would make me tip-toe with both feet...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts