FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts/recommendations on whether I should go with the Moko or Motivation sliders for my '06? Both offer product specifically for the '06 model year and seem pretty similar from what I can tell from the pics.

The big difference seems to be price, with the Moko being about $40 more. The extra $40 isn't a big deal to me if there was a compelling reason to spend it (i.e. I'm not 'saving' any money if the cheaper one doesn't actually work), but then again I don't want to throw money away.

Moko: $110 US
http://www.whaccessories.com/YamahaFJR1300accessories.htm

Motivation: $69.99 US
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=180

Thanks in advance for all input.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmmmm, save some money and get the cheapest ones. Sliders are sliders.

Mel

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well, I don't know any good/bad about these but the motovation look a bit longer and therefore are more likely to keep the fairing from hitting the deck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, kinda what I thought as well. Cheaper & longer = better. I'm ordering my motivation's tomorrow.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just ordered the motovation sliders and bar ends on Sunday evening and they were shipped on Monday morning. Hope they are as good as the service.
BTW does anyone know the torque specs for the engine mounting bolts that take the sliders? Motovation saya around 41 ft/lbs - but advises to check the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed a set of the motovation sliders. They are easy to install. And seem to be well made. They seem to be about the correct length to provide good protection.
Just one problem though. The instruction sheet calls for a 12mm Hex bit. What you really need is a 10mm. I searched all over town for a 12mm, only to find out that the 10mm ( which I had all along ) was what I actually needed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just recieved the Motovation sliders today - ordered on Sunday, they arrived on Wednesday. Does anyone know the correct torque value for installing the sliders?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Installed the motovation sliders yesterday on my 2006. Very easy to do - 10 minutes. Seem to fit nicely. I torqued to 39 ft/lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts