FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have posted several times about the 06 fjrA bike that i have on order, i need feed baCK NOT SO MUCH OF THE TOURING ASPECT OF THIS BIKE BUT THE THE TWISTEES ,TORK AND HOW LIGHT THIS BIKE FEELS IN TRAFFIC,I OWN AN 05 WARRIOR AND DONT KNOW IF ITS MY RIDING EXPERIENCE BUT THERES NOT MANY SPORT BIKES THAT I CANT KEEP UP WITH OR AT LEAST STAY RIGHT BEHIND THEM IN TWISTIES WITH MY WARRIOR,IF I WANT THE TORK AND NIMBLENESS THAT I GET FROM THE WARRIOR IS THIS AN IMPROVEMENT IN THAT AREA ONE IS A SPORT CRUISER,AND THE THE OTHER IS SPORT TOURIING ANY FEED BACK WILL HELP,THANKS FROM K9...............................

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
You've found twisties in Florida?! Where?

You'll never miss the Warrior.

If I lived in Florida, I think it would be a dual-sport for me... or something very slow and fat.

Methinks you have a common malady - Acute Waiteritis. :D

:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
fjrk9 said:
i have posted several times about the 06 fjrA bike that i have on order, i need feed baCK NOT SO MUCH OF THE TOURING ASPECT OF THIS BIKE BUT THE THE TWISTEES ,TORK AND HOW LIGHT THIS BIKE FEELS IN TRAFFIC,I OWN AN 05 WARRIOR AND DONT KNOW IF ITS MY RIDING EXPERIENCE BUT THERES NOT MANY SPORT BIKES THAT I CANT KEEP UP WITH OR AT LEAST STAY RIGHT BEHIND THEM IN TWISTIES WITH MY WARRIOR,IF I WANT THE TORK AND NIMBLENESS THAT I GET FROM THE WARRIOR IS THIS AN IMPROVEMENT IN THAT AREA ONE IS A SPORT CRUISER,AND THE THE OTHER IS SPORT TOURIING ANY FEED BACK WILL HELP,THANKS FROM K9...............................
Your warrior is still basically a cruiser. Your sport bike buddies must be giving you a break!!
The FJR is much more capable and much faster than the warrior. Get used to sitting high with your feet more underneath you and hang on when you goose it or you will be off the back of the bike. It has huge torque
It is quite nimble and corners more like a sport bike than the warrior as the ground clearance is greater. Much better weather protection and virtually no wind pressure problems at 150 mph. Just sit there and let the world rush by. You have to be a gorilla to hang on to a warrior over 100 mph!
Relax you will love the bike!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Seriously, You must live and ride: 1 where there are no curves, or 2 where the sport bike riders can't ride curves either. There is no comparo between the Warrior and the FJR, the Warrior will just drag too many parts on real curves. I know, I have had both at the same time. The two bikes in are a different world. You have to choose to ride straight roads and slow curves with the Warrior or or everything with speed on the FJR. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Liquidsilver said:

Hey does Walgreens sell anything for Waiteritis. I think that may be my problem too.

Went down this road not too long ago with my Vmax. Two bikes, worlds apart in function. Can't really compare the two. However, I personnally think that the Warrior is one of the best if not the best looking cruiser out there. I have a friend that has one blacked out. Nice bike. In the cruiser class there are only a few bikes that can hang or beat it. One comes to mind(winkwink). Overall, Apples and Oranges.

·
Registered
127 Posts
RudyT said:
Liquidsilver said:

Hey does Walgreens sell anything for Waiteritis. I think that may be my problem too.

Went down this road not too long ago with my Vmax. Two bikes, worlds apart in function. Can't really compare the two. However, I personnally think that the Warrior is one of the best if not the best looking cruiser out there. I have a friend that has one blacked out. Nice bike. In the cruiser class there are only a few bikes that can hang or beat it. One comes to mind(winkwink). Overall, Apples and Oranges.
The Moto Guzzi Griso perhaps!

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
tripletango said:
fjrk9 said:
Your warrior is still basically a cruiser. Your sport bike buddies must be giving you a break!!
Or... being from FL, his buddies know how to go fast in straight lines. :wink:

·
Registered
592 Posts
tripletango said:
Hmmmmm. Nope that wasn't the one. However, I took a peek at your Moto thingy and it was not what I would picture a Moto Guzzi to look like. Pretty cool looking bike. I don't follow Moto Guzzi. Do they have a new guy on the payroll? Definitely a change. I will have to do a little reading. Open up the closed mind a bit. But, does it go :?:

·
Registered
127 Posts
RudyT said:
tripletango said:
Hmmmmm. Nope that wasn't the one. However, I took a peek at your Moto thingy and it was not what I would picture a Moto Guzzi to look like. Pretty cool looking bike. I don't follow Moto Guzzi. Do they have a new guy on the payroll? Definitely a change. I will have to do a little reading. Open up the closed mind a bit. But, does it go :?:
Moto Guzzi is now owned by Piaggio one of the biggest motorcycle and scooter manufacturers in the world. I believe before that the Aprilia guys owned them. The new bike designs are a result of input from Aprilia. The Moto Guzzi factory is new and state of the art I think, someone may know that part of the Aprilia MG Piaggio deal.
The MG line is pretty killer, 2 Brevas 750 which I have and the 1100 coming soon. The Griso which is a torquee 90 odd hp sport cruiser which will corner with the sport bikes and the Norge which is a sweet sport cruiser. The griso and the 1100 will be here in spring. Not sure about the norge.
The FJR still rules the super sport kingdom though. The Norge will compete with the 1200RT.
I like my little Italian mistress my Breva she is a beautiful more or less naked bike that is a real pleasure to ride. It is light and nippy and corners well.
If any of you guys want to get your Ladies riding with you the Breva 750 is absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I find it very difficult to believe, all things being equal, that a Warrior could stay close to an FJR in *any* performance riding scenario. The term "sport cruiser" just means it handles better than a "non-sport cruiser", which is certainly not anywhere near a high performance sport bike. Either the guys you ride with are letting you tag along, or you can ride like a professional road racer and your Warrior is stroked, but there's *no way* a Warrior could stick with an FJR in the straights or the twisties for very long with equally competnet riders IMO.

I use to hear this type of talk in the Harley discussion groups and found it equally amusing: a cruiser staying with a sport bike in the twisties, ya, right. :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
st ryder said:
I find it very difficult to believe, all things being equal, that a Warrior could stay close to an FJR in *any* performance riding scenario.
The problem is not too many of the cruiser bunch even know what an ST is, let along what a cruiser crusher the FJR can be.

Hell I tear apart most of em on my dam Bergman 650.

Just get in amongst a group in the twisties and go around on the outside while sparks fly off their floor boards as they wobble around the bends. I tell you it is a joke!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am an o6 waiter too. I have a Suzuki vs 800 intruder. It is pretty fast and not too bad in the turns for a cruiser. Can't lean it enough though without scraping though. Is anyone here able to compare the two in the turns. I know the power is very differrent but how about the twisties?

·
Registered
127 Posts
petercwelch said:
I am an o6 waiter too. I have a Suzuki vs 800 intruder. It is pretty fast and not too bad in the turns for a cruiser. Can't lean it enough though without scraping though. Is anyone here able to compare the two in the turns. I know the power is very differrent but how about the twisties?
Yep i had a VTX 1800 retro. What a pig in the bends - tore up the floor boards. The FJR is so much more capable! You have no idea how much more grunt has it over the Intruder. Are you ready for it! Seriously?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a harley low rider been riding it for twenty years.I will probably have it another twenty years, i rode a a 2004 fjr and loved it 2006 on order apples and oranges for sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope I am ready for it. I am looking forward to seeing what the FJR is capable of. Doubt I will ever get near the maragins of its performance but I bet that I love the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another point....Look at the suspension of the cruiser style bikes.....very limited wheel travel and almost no adjustments for rebound/compression etc. The money that the cruiser spend on chrome went into better suspension design and parts on the FJR. When I made the switch from my old Honda V45 Sabre to the FJR the handling improvements blew me away as much as the power did.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
petercwelch said:
I hope I am ready for it. I am looking forward to seeing what the FJR is capable of. Doubt I will ever get near the maragins of its performance but I bet that I love the bike.
Get into an ERC course with it (or non-USA equal). Spend some time in parking lot practice for braking and swerving so you'll know where the max braking point is before you need it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts