FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fix for a broken mirror? So far I've tried jb weld and stints.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Does anyone have a fix for a broken mirror? So far I've tried jb weld and stints.
Bummer Snuffy..first the saddlebag skidding down the road and now this.

Chicks dig scars.

Reactions: SnuffySmith

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,269 Posts
EMGO knock-offs of 2001-2005 FZ1 mirrors, you'll be done for ~$25-30 each, be able to see behind you and you'll get used to the look.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Responses much apreciated. This is going to be my fix.

-clean cut on both sides of break
-bondo, dry, sand
-fiberglass epoxy, dry, sand
-prime, dry, sand, prime
-paint, dry, clear coat

HA, next month I'll post photos of finished mirror.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Responses much apreciated. This is going to be my fix.

-clean cut on both sides of break
-bondo, dry, sand
-prime, dry, sand, prime
-paint, dry, clear coat

HA, next month I'll post photos of finished mirror.
I just mixed epoxy and hardener waited 24 hours to install, mine is doing fine. I ordered a new pair ( my other one is scratched) from Partshark 7 weeks ago they are finally being shipped to me.

I have a Helibar Riser Kit and have my bars indexed IN 1.5" on each bar so now I can see out my mirrors and NOT see my shoulders now. I don't like the looks of those other mirrors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input and those FZ1 mirrors are very tempting. But, I'm that DIY rider who likes to try to fix parts with what I have. That way when I really screw up I can spend twice the amount of the original cost. 👀👀(not my quote)" NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE CHEAPNESS OF A MOTORCYCLE RIDER"🙃

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha, don't worry, I won't quit my day job. After spending the last 3 weeks sanding, priming and painting the wife takes one look at the mirror and says" WHY DID"NT YOU JUST BUY A NEW ONE". Well, anyway this mirror works and I'm gonna start folding my mirrors in when parked.

Attachments

Reactions: the Ferret

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Franken-mirror lol

Glad you got er done SnuffySmith

1 - 15 of 15 Posts