FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have been riding with the GIVI 46 for some time now. I love it BUT I am told from other sport/touring guys that I ride with that a top box instantly adds 15 years to the riders age. :roll: What ever, I thought it would work as a stealth device so that cops would overlook the old guy on the blue bike. Well, that didn't work either. :shock:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not sure but the GIVI is very well made. I am like you though. As far as looks go, the stocker is a bit better. My buddies call my givi the Pokemon. :roll:

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is one thing that you may not be thinking about now BUT, the monokey is modular. This means that if you choose you can keep the box for the next bike down the road if it's not an FJR and only have to get the mounting bracket. I really don't see a givi box ever wearing out. Or in my case. I ride my wifes bike to work. I have the mounting frame attached and only have to swap the box over when I need to carry gym clothes or whatever.
In my case, there really isn't no manhood left in reserve when you are riding your (WIFES) BMW F650 to work, so why not let it all hang out and throw on a 46 litre topcase that's about 3 times the width of the bike?? :shock:
Hey, the darn thing gets an honest 60 mpg on TOWN. $10 for 200 miles of commuting or $10 for 40 miles in my truck. I don't ride the FJR because I don't want the sun to fade my paint. Can you blame me? 8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ride with the Givi 46 as well and I'm 28yrs old! I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, but if it keeps the wife comfy I'm all about it! Ever since I bought it she gets insulted when I ride without her. It's nice to be able to fit both helmets in the box as well, although I did just install a couple of helmet locks on the license plate since there are occasions we have all the bags full.

·
Registered
592 Posts
BeaumerSooner said:
I ride with the Givi 46 as well and I'm 28yrs old!
Thanks I feel much more normal now. There was a survey at one time that showed the age spead of the average FJR1300 owner. It was quite educational. From what I can tell, this just means that we attained our wisdom at a faster rate than most younger people. :crylarf: Maybe we are geniuses and just didn't know it? :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts