FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Michelen Pilot Roads on the front and rear of my 2005 FJR1300. The Bridgestones were getting thin at 5500 miles. I found the tires locally at Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento. This is the first time I have been in this dealership. I walked into the store,and was greeted promptly. I told them I needed new tires. I said I was looking at the Michelen Pilot roads. Just my luck, they had them in stock and on SALE at 40% off. So the front was $85.77 and the rear was $110.97. So out the door , mounted, balanced and taxes was $347.45.
Within 10 minutes upon my arrival, my bike was in their shop getting tires mounted. A little over an hour later, I was on my way.
I would highly recommend this dealership for anyone in the Sacramento, Ca area looking for tires etc. They really showed they cared about their business and the customer. In the future I will definately recommend this dealership to my fellow riders.
They also had the Avons in stock, but I wanted to try the Michelens.
Terry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tontofjr said:
By now you must know what the michelins are like so do tell !

:shock:
Ok, so I have 400 miles on the tires now. They absorb the bumps much better than the Bridgestones. At 5k my orginal front tire was cupping and the rear had about 3/32nds in the center. Before I would hit a pothole or large bump and you could feel the jolt. Now with the Michelens, it does not have the harness upon impact. They balanced very good. I had it up to 120 and absolutely smooth. The bike shop said the Avons and the Roads were the 2 top tires. The tires give you very good confidence in cornering. I am not a peg dragger so they will serve me well. They transition very smoothly when going into a corner. Now we will see what kind of mileage I will get. The shop said the Pilots would be stickier tire, but at the expense of mileage.
So, I am pleased with my choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.