FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know something of the new stronger tires, front G- and rear C-version??????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Many FJR riders in The Netherlands are very satisfied about the Metzelers Roadtack Z6B.
Eventually order the type B (specially developed for the FJR and other strong sporttourers).

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I loved the Z6 and never had a problem but I didn't get another set since there seemed to be more than a couple of front tire problems. I'd still say they were the best combination of grip and wear I've used. The kept their profile too without getting flat in the center in back and no cupping in front. I tried Pilot Roads after the Z6's and the Pilots were not as grippy, slower steering and were still shot at 4,500 miles so no real mileage advantage to anything else. In the US I usually only see the ME 880 in the magazine tire ads so I wonder if the Z6's are being upgraded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gja said:
Anybody know something of the new stronger tires, front G- and rear C-version??????
I had a set of Z6 on my FJR, 12000 km the front tire was finish, but rear tire is ok, good for probably 5000-6000km more. I asked the local importer for Metzeler, who told me they have a new version of the Z6, front G-version and rear C-version, both made for FJR, stronger tires.
Do anybody know mor of this???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts