FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
I've been working on the Base Camp routing for my Garmin. Here-> to OakPark Inn.gpx is a .gpx of the TO route. The FROM is basically the inverse. In the pic START is bottom right. This rte is listed at 348 miles/8hrs seat time. All day ride! As I've mentioned anyone is welcome to ride along & modifications made for metup. Currently I have 1 "maybe" from START, a meetup at the gas pump north of START and a meetup at the restaurant where we turn to the west. Lemme know!

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It's still "a go" for me! I still have 1 guy that might ride along from the beginning and still hoping to meet Ken the HD Guy in Martinsville, VA but he hasn't been riding at all this year. We'll see. I'm making more direct routes if he chooses not to go but for those interested my current routes are finalized and can be downloaded from DropBox here -> to OakPark Inn 1.gpx and here -> fr Oak Park Inn 1.gpx

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Here's a screenshot of a variety of routes depending on who gets the delight of riding along with me :love:. Start point on the right in Asheboro, NC. If going south or SW from there, the red and purple routes meet up later and are duplicates. The purple route is to meet up with a member coming from a bit southeast, the red is if all folks meet up in Asheboro or I ride solo. The northerly routes are (of course!) for meeting up with Ken the HD Guy from Lynchburg, VA. I'll get the other 2 on DropBox sometime and post links for the interested.

Again, anyone is more than welcome to ride along. We don't care what you ride. I tend to take generous breaks each 1.5 hrs or so so there's that if it bothers you. Otherwise we (I) just putz along without being in a hurry. Hell, I got cruise control now, have you heard? That shit's the bomb 😉!!

Screenshot (8).png

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Russ, this is still on the calendar and hope to make it happen. Looks like moving will happen next week so that'll give me a good ten days to make sure everything is in order before escaping.

Your purple route - Rte 27 in Biscoe?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
We're still on. We'll be arriving in the area on June 11 and plan to visit the museum on the 12th. As of now, it'll be me on the FJR and a buddy on a Goldwing. I might have a friend join us on a Connie 14, but I'm not sure. I've not made reservations anywhere. Recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Russ, this is still on the calendar and hope to make it happen. Looks like moving will happen next week so that'll give me a good ten days to make sure everything is in order before escaping.

Your purple route - Rte 27 in Biscoe?
Yes, NC 24/27 in Biscoe. I made this one in case Ken the HD Guy doesn't go and you do. Meet up at the Shell station in Biscoe.

We're still on. We'll be arriving in the area on June 11 and plan to visit the museum on the 12th. As of now, it'll be me on the FJR and a buddy on a Goldwing. I might have a friend join us on a Connie 14, but I'm not sure. I've not made reservations anywhere. Recommendations?
Some of us are staying at the Oak Park Inn, Waynesville.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Russ - I plan to come up from Greer, just for one day. Don't remember if you are planning a specific time and place to meet for everyone. RTE somewhere there?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
My friend and I are making a short trip of it. We'll arrive at Waynesville sometime Friday afternoon, go to the museum Saturday morning and leave early enough to get to his home at Tullahoma, TN, Saturday night.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Russ - I plan to come up from Greer, just for one day. Don't remember if you are planning a specific time and place to meet for everyone. RTE somewhere there?
The website says the museum opens at 10 am so I figured folks to just start meeting in the parking lot then there. As I mentioned early in the thread, I'm not planning nothing besides where I'm sleeping and where I'll be at 10am Saturday morning. If anyone wants to plan a RTE or just a ride, or whatever, now would be a good time to speak up.
My friend and I are making a short trip of it. We'll arrive at Waynesville sometime Friday afternoon, go to the museum Saturday morning and leave early enough to get to his home at Tullahoma, TN, Saturday night.
That's cool. According to google maps that's not but 4.5-5 hrs seat time. Plenty of time to hang for a few hrs Saturday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The website says the museum opens at 10 am so I figured folks to just start meeting in the parking lot then there. As I mentioned early in the thread, I'm not planning nothing besides where I'm sleeping and where I'll be at 10am Saturday morning. If anyone wants to plan a RTE or just a ride, or whatever, now would be a good time to speak up.

That's cool. According to google maps that's not but 4.5-5 hrs seat time. Plenty of time to hang for a few hrs Saturday.
Ok, so 10 at the museum on Saturday and we'll go from there. Good deal.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Finally got the latest routes to dropbox.

The red route from the pic above -> to OkPkInn direct.gpx

and the purple route -> to OkPkInn via Biscoe.gpx

Just a week to go! I am soooo looking forward to this trip. We've all been cooped up for so long! 10 day weather forcast says "scattered thunderstorms" but we all here in the Carolinas know that's just the hit-or-miss daily afternoon rains. Normal stuff, it's why we all carry rain gear and Plexus, et al, wherever we go. See ya's!!

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Heard from Ken the HD Guy, he's coming. We'll be riding the blue and green routes pic'd earlier. Not to late to ride along! Leaving Asheboro, NC at 8:30am-ish Friday, meeting in Martinsville, VA 10:15-10:30. See ya's later!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm out. Unfortunately things didn't come together as planned but hope everyone enjoys a great weekend. Also if anyone needs a room the Oak Park Inn just cancelled me. (Sorta takes on a new meaning now-a-days don't it?)

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Dammit! Now I gotta ride all skeert and lonely all the way to Martinsville, Virgiinie!! Next time then, be safe out there!!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm afraid we're out too. I had a minor emergency at home and came back today. I hate missing.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts