FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
A friend and I were headed there on the 11th anyway. See you there. :)
Well now, ain't that convenient ;)! I've texted Ken the HD Guy, I think he'll ride along. We can use this thread too for route posting.

Now to just pick a time for Wheels through Time on Saturday the 12th. Their website says they open at 10 am so I vote everyone just start showing up then.

Oooh, forgot to mention. I got the promotion! Start the week of the 28th.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Well now, ain't that convenient ;)! I've texted Ken the HD Guy, I think he'll ride along. We can use this thread too for route posting.

Now to just pick a time for Wheels through Time on Saturday the 12th. Their website says they open at 10 am so I vote everyone just start showing up then.

Oooh, forgot to mention. I got the promotion! Start the week of the 28th.
If you can bring your HD buddy I feel much better about my Goldwing buddy. :) Seriously, I look forward to meeting you and others here.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If you can bring your HD buddy I feel much better about my Goldwing buddy. :) Seriously, I look forward to meeting you and others here.
I know there's a lot of HD haters here but Ken's a good egg. He & I have ridden loads of miles together.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know there's a lot of HD haters here but Ken's a good egg. He & I have ridden loads of miles together.

H-D hater ? Nah , love my XR1200 ! ;)

Meanwhile , I'll be there along with my 23 yo son on his lil' Ninja 300 . The kid can ride the wheels off that little screamer .
And yet he does a great job of riding within himself . Proud of him .

I booked us at the Oak Park Inn also . Comfy place .

See ya'll there . Ride safe .

George

Reactions: rbentnail

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm so past that. I've got friends who are Harley riders and enjoy their company.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Thanks for doing that. It would be fun if I can swing those dates. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m also booked at the Oak Park Inn. See y’all there. I’m hoping for good weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I’m also booked at the Oak Park Inn. See y’all there. I’m hoping for good weather.
On Friday the 11th I plan on riding north to Martinsville then west across US58 then south around Independence, VA if you want to ride along. Still in the planning stages.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Russ:
I’m up in Virginia already working on my farm but thanks for the invite.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Alrighty then! Looks like we're collecting a nice group for a good get-outta-town weekend. I've been piddling with BaseCamp and think I have a preliminary route to & from. Since I plan on collecting Ken the HD Guy in southern Virginia the route looks a little weird but it is what it is. Any one is welcome to ride along, minor changes can be made for meet ups. Be aware that we take breaks often b/c we're old. We'd rather ride all day at a relaxed pace than shit-n-git to put on miles. BaseCamp rates this route at 7 hrs saddle time. Whew! I'm tired already! The return trip is simply the inverse of the "TO" trip. Post up for details.

Our other general rules:

• ride your ride;
  • some folks may choose to NOT be ATGATT. If this bothers you please reconsider attending, no one wants to be lectured about how to dress. To each his own.
  • no leaders, just chilled riders. I'll have Garmin waypoints & maybe routes but we're all experienced enough to figure out where we're going.
  • ride your ride.
  • we choose NOT to drink alcohol when riding. Your bike, your choice, we don't care, but we do reserve the right to avoid you if we feel like it. After the day, at the pool or in the parking lot, is another matter.
  • bike doesn't matter, everyone is welcome so bring the wife, kid, mistress, boyfriend. Whatever. Who am I to judge ?
  • we may break into smaller groups of riders so it's less stressful for everyone. Everyone is invited to go his/her/its own way if the group thing ain't your thing.
  • ride your ride.
  • someone try to remember some "Hello my name is" labels and a sharpie. I always forget.
  • I plan for stuff for me and my regular riding buds, no one's feelings will be hurt if someone comes but does different stuff. To each his/her/its own. We chill. Ride some, rest some, eat & drink some, repeat. It's vacation, we relax.

to Oak Park Inn.JPG

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you guys don’t mind a cruiser joining the bunch I may be able to make it work. Maybe I’ll have jumped in with an FJR by then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've ridden in that area and would love to join you, but 1942 miles round-trip is a long way to go for a weekend.
It’s all about the FJR mindset. We rode to Oregon for a Reuben. 8000 miles round trip.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
It’s all about the FJR mindset. We rode to Oregon for a Reuben. 8000 miles round trip.
I once rode 1200 miles for lunch in a single day on a Honda Shadow with the stock seat...but I was a bit younger than I am now.

Reactions: 1911

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bobby and I are riding from Bardstown, KY, on the 11th and will plan to meet you folks at the museum on the 12th. On the morning of the 14th, we'll leave for his home at Tullahoma, TN. And on the 15th I'll leave for my home near Little Rock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Russ,
Your route takes you 2 miles from my house in Summerfield so if you don’t mind, I’ll jump on the train with you guys there. We’ll just need to coordinate time sort of...
Preston

41 - 60 of 84 Posts