FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the behest of my SC friend, I'm planning a meet and greet in the Maggie Valley/Waynesville area of North Carolina sometime in the early summer centered around a visit to the Wheels Through Time museum. Here's the deal:

I'm not into organized rallies and big crowds. I'm more of a ride, eat and drop in kind of guy. So I will make motel reservations and show up since it's a significant ride for me just to get there.

EDIT: June 11-13, 2021. I made my reservations at the Oak Park Inn Waynesville, NC.

The only other criteria right now is meet at Wheels Through Time on a Saturday around 10am.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am interested. The weekend of June 18th is father's day weekend so may or may not work for some. I am just as good with camping or dive motel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's on my bucket list, so I'm interested. It's a 7+ hour ride for me, according to mapquest, which usually ends up 9+ hours, but what the hey, from what I've heard, it's worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds great to me. It’s on my calendar. I’m from Greensboro, NC so not too far. I’m happy to stay anywhere that has a mattress and walk to food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh, I didnt realize that weekend is Father's Day. But like I implied, keep the dates open. I have no doubt it'll probably change.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I know it's not all about me, but I'm going to be leaving Bardstown, Kentucky, on June 11th and had seriously considered going to Maggie Valley from there. If it happened to be that weekend, I'm in.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am interested pending getting off of work and having the days available. There are some great roads to ride in that area. Would be great to see you and everyone after all this time.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300
186 Posts
I’m a maybe, we are supposed to be riding that area around the same time. So I’ll be keeping up with this thread.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Since I am complicit in all this, I am IN.

Reactions: maximrebel

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I am most likely in as well - though as always, gotta stay flexible.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cross border travel permitting, I'll go.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know you can't please everyone but I would vote to move away from Father's day weekend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The STAR rally starts on the 13th through 16th, make a week of it.

STAR 2021 will be held at the CANAAN VALLEY RESORT and CONFERENCE CENTER, just south of Davis, West Virginia over the DATES of June 13-17, 2021

·
Registered
94 Posts
Biden wants to put travel restrictions on the Great State of Florida, my home state. Chances are he'll have border troops on the FL/GA line. No NC riding for me.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...rida-surface-as-variant-cases-emerge/2380793/
Border check points ? Razor wire ? Shock troops ? :surprise:

Not going to happen . I'll bet my 401K on it .

That anyone would even consider it is beyond ridiculous .

And when anyone uses the phrase "based in science " now-a-days ..... run for the hills .

The CDC has lost my respect . Bunch of govt. hand-wringing weenies .

George

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think the weekend before or after Father’s Day weekend would work better for most people. The later in June it gets the more cagers are traveling. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think the weekend before or after Father's Day weekend would work better for most people. The later in June it gets the more cagers are traveling. Just my 2 cents worth.
I would agree with that, plus the later it gets the hotter it will be for anyone traveling from the Texas area; I would love to go to this, but it will depend on a few things (especially work).

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, my bad not paying attention to the weekend. No doubt the date will be moved a little. Had my second round job interview this morning. I should hear something in a week or so.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Yeah, my bad not paying attention to the weekend. No doubt the date will be moved a little. Had my second round job interview this morning. I should hear something in a week or so.
Good luck to you on the interview.

I vote for the 11th ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Good luck with the new job interview. See what happens with that then we can sort dates. First things first.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts