FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to help out my youngest son & his wife, who are researching as we speak but would appreciate any first hand knowledge.
If any of my forum buds out there can give an opinion on McMinnville, Oregon (Hwy 18 -- N/W of Salem) as a place to live, I'd really appreciate it. Opinions good or bad, I'll take 'em :D
Thanks all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice place to live Rog. Housing costs are climbing, but not too awful crowded so far from what I hear. People commute to Salem and Portland for work in many cases, which can be unpleasant with the I-5 traffic and 99W traffic. The recreation aspect is good, lots of options, coast, mountains, valley wineries, etc.

I'm about 35 miles away from Mac. Sorry for the delay in posting, I just don't look all over the forum like I used to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
McMinville

I live in Gresham. I think Mc ville is nice area. Traffic is an issue anywhere in the PDX area. Good roads for riding all over the area.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Eric & KentR1 -- replies to be forwarded to my son.

Eric!! Jeez -- if I knew you were only 35 miles away Deb & I would have tried to look you up. We were there for 3 days (July 4,5,6) and it would have been great to see you again :D
WFO-Reno then huh?
Rog & Debs

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Rog, sorry I missed you. Yes, Reno. Hopefully we'll manage some parking lot BS action this year. I have a feeling I'm going to miss the smaller WFO venues.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric,
Yeah! We've been missing a lot of the smaller ones ourselves, so definitely a lot of parking lot BS :D
See ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts