FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Guess I’m an overachiever & suffering from MBS (multi bike syndrome) I’m currently at a count of 14, but only 5-6 are in ready-to-ride condition. Like Donk said I have 2 I generally ride Most of the time, my 14 fjr and my 76 naked gl1000 I also bought new, I ride one of these 2 most of the time. I also have an 81 CBX that gets ridden normally a fair amount (my wife claims it is the sexist sounding bike made) I ride it when I feel the need to hear that sound and it hold my personal longest distance in a day record at 730mi. Sometimes they just call to you !

The remaining bikes are in various states of repair or simply a possible parts bike, just depends. But after my back reconstruction last year i’ve had to rethink some of it, just can’t do a lot anymore so it has to be in small bites.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
You guys allow cars in your garage? Bwaaaaahhaaaa.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,957 Posts
I have been good man, hope you have too! So a 2013 huh,I thought that 07 would have had 200K on it by now..L Yes I'm Looking for something newer also, I'm not sure what year but I might like the 6 speed, But I think that's 2016 and up?
On the other hand never felt like mine needed 6 gears, 5 were just fine?
I'm gonna fiddle around and look here and there but probably wont pull the trigger on something until after the holidays and its a killer deal..
I've never felt the need for 6th gear either but if you find one at a decent price it might be worth it. My '07 is up to 140K miles but hasn't been ridden much in a couple years. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
987 Posts
When I bought my place in WI 12 years ago it came with a 32x60 shed front half is insulated, heated, and has a bathroom. Back half is enclosed and lit but not heated. It has been a major feat not to fill it up with toys. If you think you want or need a bigger garage be careful what you wish for. "Stuff" always expands to fill all available space.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have only had 3 max at one time. But a guy I ride with has 40 or so bikes. All of which are either rare or 1st production. EX: '85 or 86 GSXR750 dry clutch, Suzi RG500 gamma just to name a few. Plus has a collection of Ducatis incl. early V4 too. He maintains them all with utmost of diligence. Using non-ethanol fuels yet still drains carbs after rides. It's a pleasure to talk bikes with him. ...cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I could put my FJR engine in my Supertenere I would only need 1 bike. My off roading is limited to the occasional dirt road. I like the extra suspension travel of the S10 for those dirt roads and the crappy frost heaved roads on my commute. I love the silky smooth effortless power of the FJR for trips to see family in other states, sometimes 2 up. I love the idea of the Ducati Mulistrada V4 but fear the potentially high cost of ownership.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If I could put my FJR engine in my Supertenere I would only need 1 bike. My off roading is limited to the occasional dirt road. I like the extra suspension travel of the S10 for those dirt roads and the crappy frost heaved roads on my commute. I love the silky smooth effortless power of the FJR for trips to see family in other states, sometimes 2 up. I love the idea of the Ducati Mulistrada V4 but fear the potentially high cost of ownership.
This makes sense, I mean you can buy Big ADV bikes from KTM that have more power then the FJR, And I looked at going that route when i was looking at Super T's, AT's, GS, etc.. before I ultimately decided on the AT. One of my main needs is reliability and peace of mind, I have owned several European bikes over the years and always just never felt completely at ease.. The performance has always been outstanding though. With Yamaha, Honda, etc.. I know no matter where I'm Traveling, I can find a dealership around the corner somewhere.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
The only time I ever owned 2 motorcycles was when I had just purchased my '97 BMW K1100LT back in 2015. Shortly thereafter, I sold the '83 BMW R80RT.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Keeping with the RED theme (and FASTEST color), I now have my FJR:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

21 - 35 of 35 Posts