FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

April BOTM Winner: @DJRTX

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Thank you. I love my FJR, but the Honda is a lot of fun too.

Reactions: maximrebel

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
DJ, That’s a really nice 750, I have a 77. It’s funny that when they came out they were considered such huge bikes at around 500lbs. Getting off the fjr and the 750 feels like a mini bike.

The brakes at that time were heralded as so great state-of-the-art and now they just feel as powerful as dragging your feet. But they are really fun bikes, I bought the very 1st 75 750 super sport sold in my area (I wish I hadn’t sold it) and boy I was really hot stuff! Anyway congrats DJ, great bike !

Reactions: DJRTX

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Damir, I like the red rim strips, it contrasts the silver very nicely !

Reactions: Damir

·
Registered
624 Posts
Here is my XS2 Yamaha 650. I completed this bike somewhere around 2010. Pretty much stock. All my bikes are ridden. Hard to say what the best ride is. Every time you get on it it is so different than the modern bikes. Brakes tend to fade so its more of a cruiser. One of the best features on the bike is the reverse mode. Lets see how many of you know what that is

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Nice looking bike. From the pics, it's not been 'reversed', looks great stock.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice looking bike. From the pics, it's not been 'reversed', looks great stock.
The bike actually has a reverse while running. Great for backing out of tight spots. Nothing to do with anything on the bike reversed.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Feet down, push forward ! I really like the 650 Yamaha’s small, light, just fun ! The black/gold 75’s are my favorite year. Never owned one but got to ride several friends, hope to own one before I die, please don’t tell my wife ! 😁

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
The bike actually has a reverse while running. Great for backing out of tight spots. Nothing to do with anything on the bike reversed.
I didn't know about reverse gear (is it like the Goldwing where it uses the starter motor?), however, I read about a mod where they reversed the cylinder head and had the carbs out front.... bit of a $$ project and quite frankly.... frankensteinish.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I didn't know about reverse gear (is it like the Goldwing where it uses the starter motor?), however, I read about a mod where they reversed the cylinder head and had the carbs out front.... bit of a $$ project and quite frankly.... frankensteinish.
Not quite like the Glodwing, its a little more crude in its design in fact there is no gear but the bike will backup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts