FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what the max weight capacity is on the '06?

I am curious to learn of other peoples experiences regarding max load on the FJR. Both myself & girlfriend are plus sized but would like to get out touring. Would hate to end up on the side of the road...

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Wifey and I loaded very heavy one trip... guessing 450 lbs total. The bike was wallowy and heavy, but never complained.

:) - on bikini patrol in FL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like a good incentive to make a lifestyle change! My GF has lost 20 lbs over the past 3 months, and I've lost 30lbs (just with working out 3-5 x week and watching what we eat, and we still have pizza and steak and beer, just not as much)--that's 50 more lbs of crap we can carry! :lol:

Seriously, since I've been working out again, my riding position is better, my back and butt don't get as tired--I highly recommend it!

Course, you can always get a wingding! :crylarf:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Oh, I just remembered... on my '03 with stock, mushy suspension, I once gave a ride to a very large woman that works in my office. She was always mentioning that she had always wished for a motorcycle ride, and I kinda felt bad that nobody else would probably go out of their way to give her a ride.
So one day, I packed an extra helmet... the biggest I had available, and it was a tight fit. I gave her a ride around the suburbs. The bike didn't mind, but it was very wallowy. I could really feel it in the brakes. I was also thankful that her weight had the bike squatted down... because holding it up at stoplights was quite a chore.

I'm thinking that with my 195, that between the 2 of us, we were 500 pounds.

Uncomfortable yes, but I still don't think it would 'break' the bike.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Now who's brave - calling Marla a 250-pounder. Me thinks you're off by 100 or so. ;)

(ya know, this place could prolly cure a motorcycle addiction or two... horrendously awful riding - a week after NoMoSno4)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
She's a lovely wife, buddy. I remember.

:) on bikini patrol in FL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts