FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that registration is open for the ALDERs Rally set for Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada on June 24-25th.

http://aldersland.com/

The website has been updated with much more information as well as the registration form. It would be great to have more riders from the further a field this year.

Look forward to meeting ya'll.

Gypsy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually Mike I haven't done it before I just volunteered to do the website. I will be taking part this year. It will be my second rally actually as another FJR rider and myself are going to do the Minuteman Rally in Greenfield, MA earlier in June.

I do know this is the third year for the event. In past years it was mainly a word of mouth thing so there were only 10 or so participants. This year (due to the website I am sure :) ) there is much more interest. I have also been mentioning it on a number of FJR and Sport touring sites.

It is bound to be a lot of fun. The ride will likely (I don't know the bonus locations of course) offer riders the opportunity to ride in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and possibly Maine. The scenery is great and when you get a bunch of enthusiasts together it is always fun.

gypsy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds very very interesting 8) , we"ll have to ponder this further..... :roll: ..... next question....are you going to meet some of the other fjr lads in B.C. before going to WFO.... Are we all going to try & hook up some where & ride in together?.....just a thought..well what do you think :? .....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike the plan so far is for me to ship my bike to Vancouver and then I would like to hook up with folks riding south. I have to go to Victoria first as my brother would kill me if I was in BC and didn't stop for tea. You know us Maritimers!

I am actually still waiting for a quote to ship my bike. I asked for a price a few days ago and they still haven't gotten back to me. Maybe I will just have to recruit someone to come here and ride it west for me!

gypsy

·
Registered
131 Posts
gypsy....like to help....but I can't ride two bikes @ once :roll: ....I would if I could ...but.....I'm just not that proficient....sorry :oops:...one option you might want to explore.....apparently lots of U.S. companies do it so ... it might be worth your while to cross the boarder & ship to Washington state...just a thought....let me know how it goes..... good luck...if there is anything I can help with let me Know ....I know a lot of those in the motorcycle business here in the gta.... 8) ...used to be in it myself 25 years ago...but the industry is pretty small so everyone tends to stay in touch..... still ride with a lot of them for special events...so if you think I might be able to help...let me know......"have fun.... ride safe".....Mike :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts