FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, haven't been on the site for a while and wanted to add manual cruise to my fjr. i can't remember the most popular one. i did a search and that didn't help much.. any ideas?? thanks, JR

·
Registered
119 Posts
Throttlemeister.
Not really a cruise control. It's a throttle lock. Uphill is slower, downhill is faster.

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
Thottle Monster requires that you rotate what, effectively, is a bar end weight. They look nifty, but they are expensive and can be tempermental when setting up and as temperatures change. Some people like them. Some prefer the easy of a simple flick of a thumb that the Vista Cruise uses.

i've been using the same vista cruise on 3 bikes (3 years on a 1984 GL1200a, 3 years on a 1998se, and now 2 years, 4 months on the FJR). I just moved it from one bike to the next. I picked up a spare a couple of years ago for when it finally needs replacing, but so far the spare continues to hang on the pegboard. http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/acc/tl/tl.html

·
Registered
372 Posts
bounce said:
Thottle Monster requires that you rotate what, effectively, is a bar end weight. They look nifty, but they are expensive and can be tempermental when setting up and as temperature change. Some people like them. Some prefer the easy of a simple flick of a thumb that the Vista Cruise uses.
++

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vista Cruise was what i was looking for.. thank you.. i hoope it works with my Yamaha heated hand grips. check this out: ttp://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately, the dealer won't modify the vista to work with my Yamaha heated hand grips..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts