FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now...

There was a post about making a maintenance stand from black iron pipe, and suspending a bike from it using tie down straps.
Could someone please point me to it?

Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
When I made mine, I made the uprights 6' tall so that the stand can be used for more than just the triple tree. I use it to hold the tank up and as a place to hang my mercury sticks when doing the tbs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! :D
While at the Home Depot, my better half suggested that 1.5" pipe looked much more substantial for not so much more money, and wouldn't I feel the idiot if I went cheap and my beautiful bike ended up on the floor?
So I made mine from 1.5" pipe and after it was assembled I tried to knock it down while hanging on it. I'm not as heavy as the bike, but the bike doesn't move on it's own either.
Works great!
Now if only I had a 19mm hex wrench to pull the front axle...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just curious. Am I the ONLY one with frame sliders mounted?

SUPER simple stand.....2 jackstands under the R & G sliders. Can't get any simpler than that. And you have extra room in the garage since you don't have to store that jungle gym.

·
Premium Member
FJR1300 A, TMax 530 DX, Tracer GT900, XS850
283 Posts
FJRandy, I was thinking of using axle stands on the R&Gs as well, but haven't tried it yet.

Is this support stable enough to enable me to remove the back wheel and centre stand (at the same time) as I want to do the whole rear lubing thing per FJRTECH.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
I had the whole back end out of it this past winter doing maintenance. The pipe stand I made kept it supported for many days. Hanging from heavy duty tie down straps (the kind with ratchets) that were threaded through the frame cross member that runs between (under) the rider and passenger seats.

I still have the center stand on here, but it came off later too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts