FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you out there tell me where I can purchase some of these Blaster horns. I'd like to turn the tail and scare the hell out of those that try to scare me to often. Any installation tips and or tricks would be great also.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Buy their Nautilus compact instead. Much louder and it comes in one small unit instead of a pair. Still duo-tone however. MBs are Loud but the Nautilus is LOUD!

·
Registered
62 Posts
amain said:
Buy their Nautilus compact instead. Much louder and it comes in one small unit instead of a pair. Still duo-tone however. MBs are Loud but the Nautilus is LOUD!
Both setups are 139 dB.
Nautilus does SEEM louder for some reason.

Nautilus is much harder to fit (clearance-wise) in front of the radiator. I think that's the only thing that stopped me from swapping out the MB's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Nautilus is a very compact air horn. I had the MB's but they never seemed very loud to me. Even in the garage they wouldn't hurt my ears. Maybe just a bum pair or something.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I used FJRandy's harness right from the battery and couldn't get them to sound as advertised. Like I said, maybe a bum pair that needed to be tuned but they didn't do it for me. It's not rocket science, you should just hook them up and push the button. They were louder than stock but not much. A bit moot now as they belong to someone else. One of the few farkles I left on the bike I sold as I couldn't sell them as blasters with a clear conscience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.