FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the M/C show and saw the '06 FJR.
From the looks of it, my wiring harness for the Magnum Blaster horns should fit the new model too.
I was all ready to take all kinds of measurements until I saw the bike in person. One look showed the same as the older models underneath. Only difference being the stock horns on the new model sit a little lower. Once the MB's are installed that won't be a problem since they'll have to be mounted as high up as possible.

Just giving you all a heads up on the updated info.
Thanks!
Randy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Randy,

I ordered 2 magnum blasters and a compact nautilus. I'm gonna be in need of a wiring harness also. I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
qmotion said:
Hey Randy,

I ordered 2 magnum blasters and a compact nautilus. I'm gonna be in need of a wiring harness also. I sent you a PM.
Just got it. Looks like 2 different harnesses, although I can probably tandem them. I'd need the exact spot you'd be mounting the horns. Also, is this for an '06? I have to see it in person to measure any spot other than factory location.
Randy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah it's gonna be a 2006 FJR-AE. Unfortunately they won't be available till the end of May or early June. North Jerzy is only a couple hours away from me. Might make a nice ride on a warm day. I was just up in Newark NJ this past Sunday on my old Venture.

I was hoping I could mount the magnum blasters near the corners of the radiator somewhat near the OEM locations. If I could get all three to work together I was gonna try to hang the nautilus in the middle above or off of the radiator (top-center). I'm sure I could get the compact nautilus to mount somewhere on my 1987 Venture Royale is the 3 horns were too much for the FJR to handle.

I just wanted the bike to sound like the Queen Elizabeth II was docking when I blew the horn. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.