FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an Oxford with magnetic mounts. It seems to work quite well. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hey there frenchie...the yammi mag. bag looks and works great...precurved to fit the tank contour...expandable...large volume...comes with 2 outer rain covers...a liitle expensive though...but worth the xtra coin! :!:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Very strong cross winds, I'm talking around 50 Mph, will blow a magnetic bag off the tank. This can be damn annoying when you are struggling to control the bike. But otherwise, magnetic bags are great, but watch out that the magnets don't pick up stray bits of metal when the bag is off the bike. These will scratch your paint work.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Pierre said:
Want to buy a tank bag for my 05 FJR, what do you recommended ?

Thanks
:wink:
If using a Mag Bag allways use some wonderweb in between the tank & the bag this will stop scratching :?:

·
Registered
192 Posts
hey woody,

If you decide you want a Bagster, I have a silver cover and tank bag I'll sell to you for $150. Both are in good condition and look like the red one in the picture, except it's silver, but it's physically just like the red one, except it's silver. Oh MY GOD, I'm stuck in a loop. :shock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
magnetic tank bag

:) I have a 20 litre Marsee mag bag. It's been very versital on long( 2 week 3000 mile) rides as well as day trips to the Smokies... expandable, rain cover, great map pocket,quik flip for fillup... I like it!!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
number2 said:
hey woody,

If you decide you want a Bagster, I have a silver cover and tank bag I'll sell to you for $150. Both are in good condition and look like the red one in the picture, except it's silver, but it's physically just like the red one, except it's silver. Oh MY GOD, I'm stuck in a loop. :shock:
Thanks for thinking of me No2. But i'm not keen on covering the tank idea, even though they are the safer way to go.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pierre.

I have a Joe Rocket Velocity tank bag and tail pack. I find them a great combination. One good thing about the tank bag is it has a mesh pocket on the front side. This holds my coiled up power cord for my GPS so only a bit of each end sticks out.

And besides isn't Joe Rocket an Ottawa based company? Shouldn't you be buying local?! :)

gypsy

·
Registered
192 Posts
woody,

I know what you mean. I rode with it for a long time and realized the bike looks so much better with the tank uncovered. That's why it stays in the garage hanging on the wall. Oh by the way, it's silver in color. :)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
number2 said:
woody,

I know what you mean. I rode with it for a long time and realized the bike looks so much better with the tank uncovered. That's why it stays in the garage hanging on the wall. Oh by the way, it's silver in color. :)
Is that the same color Silver as our colour Silver. :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Done

Bought the one of LiquidSylver ( bagster tank bra & bag )

By the way Liquid is a very nice guy !!!

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Re: Done

Pierre said:
Liquid is a very nice guy!
Aww c'mon! You're going to wreck my whole bad-boy biker image!

Nice to talk with you as well. ;)

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts