FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
What the hell is this??!! :? E-Bay or something? If I want bloody ads I'll find them elsewhere thank you.
This wanker probably doesn't even ride an FJR much less own one!
Lets keep this forum FJR focused or else every wanker in the world with some gizmo or the other will be posting here.
I'll get off my high horse now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's just plain impossible to keep all spam off a board, and this one is obviously automatically generated. If you have an idea of how to solve the problem, Swannie, step right up. We have been quite lucky on this board to have had only a handful of blatant spams like thisin the last 5 years. Sometimes I wonder why that hasn't been a lot more. :cry:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Suspect the previous lack of spam postings may have been due to the forum software used previously. I 'm not complaining, as Joos had very compelling reasons to make the switch, but it seems that there are a lot more lowlifes out there running programs to exploit the phpBB software.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
marshman said:
it seems that there are a lot more lowlifes out there running programs to exploit the phpBB software.
+1 :roll:

:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
amain,

It would appear that my tirade was taken as an affront by certain members of this forum. To clarify, my comments were aimed at the party that posted the advert and not the kind, hard-working people who maintain this board. Your sarcastic in this regard was not appreciated.
My appologies to any members who felt any offence due to my comments.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Your plea to keep the forum FJR focused made it sound like anyone here is in control of that. Spam like the above is usually automatically generated (I doubt Elissa2000 is even aware a post was made in her name) and there is little defense for it. Sorry if I misread the intent of your post.

The best defense so far is to just delete it from the forum as it is discovered.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Do I delete it

OK - just make it small. Move along now, nothing to see. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts