FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while i am still waiting for my 06 fjr,wondering what others have done with the 06 seat has any one tried modifying the seat by having it shaved down or maybe ordered a hole different seat that would lower them down some to get another inch or so.............................

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have ordered a cut down seat for mine. I sat on one which had had it done and it makes a significant difference.

I'll post photos next week.

Alan

·
Registered
40 Posts
seat lowering

fjrk9,
My 2004 seat was lowered the maximum by adding a 3/4 inch thick gel pad on top of the hard base & inside a pocket cut out of the existing foam. After shaping the front to narrow it, the whole seat was covered with a cloth covered 1/4 inch foam. The original upholstery was reused.

I can't imagine how it would ride without the gel pad to cushion my 210 lbs. The seat has been very comfortable. It's great to be able to get foot traction.

dobias

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also what is everyones hieght,i dont have the bike as of yet ,but i found an upholsterer in south fl that has a reputation on mototcycles ,auto and so-on,will have the seat done in a day for the fraction of the price he has an album of bikes that hes worked on,worse case he ruins the seat i buy one from corbin or sargent who who ever else might interest me at least i wont be out a month after waiting 7 months maybe more.............

·
Registered
40 Posts
lowering

fjrk9,
Height is not the criteria, inseam length is. My inseam is a short 28 inches.
When shopping for a saddle, the width in front means a lot. I recently had to turn down a Russell Day long because the front is wider than stock and would have made it more difficult to reach the ground. If your thighs are muscular &/or fat, a narrow saddle front means more.

dobias

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i aM WELL AWARE THATS IT THE WIDTH,I DID SIT ON 05 04 AND 06, SO WE KNOW WHERE TO SHAVE OFF ,THE 06 IS LOWER THEN THE 05 BUT THE SEAT IS WIDER ON THE 2006 ,I AM SO TIRED OF DWELLING ON I JUST WISH I WOULD GET THIS BIKE,I HOPE IT ALL IS WHAT THEY PROMISED 7 MONTHS IS A LONG TIME,ESPECIALLY WHEN THE EXITEMENT THAT GETS YOU THRUE THIS IS ALL THE POSITIVE FEED BACK ON THIS FORM,CANT WAIT TO POST MY FIRST RIDE,ALSO ANY ONE IN SOUTH FL,IF YES EMAIL ME THANKS GUYS......................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts