FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us, especially here in the colonies, began our infatuation with the FJR as former owners of FJ1200's or FJ1100's. We blatantly lusted after the FJR's we knew were carving up Euro and the Isles. We impatiently waited for the great Yamaha to bestow the FJR on our shores and instantly bought them sight unseen. I know I put a deposit at my dealer a full year prior to the introduction. But thousands of wonderous miles later, that old flame still burns. And I have re-united with a pristine '93 FJ1200 ABS with only 4500 miles on it.

So the only bike I ever missed when it was gone now sits in my stable next to it's grandson

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I ever get some extra cash, and see a pristine FJ11/12, '84-'90, I'd scoop it up in a heart beat. One of the best ever in its original state, but, they can be modified to the nth degree re suspesnion and brakes etc if one wanted, to make it "modern." My heart skips a beat whenever I see an old FJ, *especially* if it has the belly pan-chin fairing, still one of my all-time faves. The bike still looks racey and exotic in a retro sense, and is a bonafide "classic" to anyone who's ever thrown a leg over one. Congrats on the scoop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was smart and passed on my 92 FJ to my eldest son; he lets me ride it sometimes. :lol:
So does my son-in-law with his R1 (and my other son with his YZF1000). We like the big bikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts