FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300AS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's rhetorical, but worth a shot - can you do anything to make the windscreen less wobbly (gen2)? This is my second bike through the years, the previous one was exactly like this. The screen is secured to the lifter, but the lifter has a few mm free play, which allows the whole screen to just flop in the wind :)
According to the parts catalog, the whole lifter assembly is one monolithic piece, i doubt if it can be disassembled.

Do you guys have wobbly screens, too? Or is it just me...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine is very wobbly, especially in highway traffic in central Washington. I also have the VStream touring windshield which is much larger so it catches a lot more wind.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Gen2 mechanisms were loose by nature, embrace it as a feature, lol. There are plastic bushings and several points where accumulated slack will add up....

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's interesting. I use a Cee Bailey windscreen and no wobbly. What height is your windscreen? Mine measures 21" measured in the middle from the top to the lower edge of the lower mount or 18.5" to the top of the lower mount plastic trim piece.

I just watched there video and went out to check mine and it doesn't do that. Maybe just a very small amount but nothing like the video. Guess I'm lucky?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow that is very loose. Interesting to see on a video. Hope someone has a solution.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
If the windshield is all the way down, it's worst case for play...... raise it an inch and it snugs up. Long time since I had my '07, so go by what the others are saying...... I have a buncha small parts/bushings that I've had in my stash, but you have to remove the nose fairing to get in there.......... possibly a couple of worn bushings......
You MAY be able to help it a bit by biasing the windshield brackets furthest outboard (clearances in the windshield screws themselves), but grasping at straws.

·
Registered
340 Posts
FWIW - My 2007 with 17K miles on it moves the same amount as his video

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300AS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
IT's a GIVI screen, dunno how high it is, but not much higher than the OEM one. Came with the bike, I will switch back to the OEM as soon as I can cough up the 320 EUR it costs :D
I will try in a higher position and let you know if it's better/worse.
Are there any replaceable bushings inside? Like these, maybe?

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Yes all of the above are replaceable.... I wouldn't think windshield choice has much to do with it......
I will send you my parts stash if you like for the cost of postage...... pm me your address for quote. I am happy for it to go to someone who can use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts