FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was probably discussed during the Ice Age, but does anyone know EXACTLY what the two loose electrical connectors under the seat is for and what they can be changed to operate? [ie: wiring clolour codes?] I have recently fitted Yamaha base plate for top box, managed to break off tiny white plastic nipple that centers the rear body panel over the taillights, and found the hardest part of the job to be getting the four plastic lugs to mate up again between the underseat trim and the rear body panel. PS: This is when I spotted the two plugs lying there for the first time 20 000km after taking ownership. :oops:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The connectors are for the fitting of an alarm/immobiliser, and all the wires are black just to make life interesting.

I had to remove a malfunctioning immobiliser from my bike (an 01) and so needed to trace all of them to find which wires needed to to be connected for the bike to work. The task was made a lot easier by having a spare wiring loom to use as reference! Anyway the result is that somewhere at home I've got a list showing where each pin on those two connectors is going to, and I can email it to you later if you want.

Like I say mine is an 01, so if yours is a later model it might have slightly different wiring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marshman, I can't even say I noticed colours, just assumed they would be. I was hoping they may be useful for accesories, mp3, etc. Thanks for reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts