FJR Owners Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
There was a guy called thetankslapper that would wrap the gas tank trim piece between the seat and the tank with carbon fiber wrap. However reviews for this service on other forums were quite negative. I would recommend steering clear of him.
Interesting. I've not seen the negative reviews. I have used his protective film products on several of my FJRs with great success and will continue to use his stuff on future FJRs.

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,879 Posts
Ditto....... I know he sells carbon fiber wrap for the tank trim, but didn't know he offers to install it. There was one on my '06 project bike and it looked professionally done (if he did it).

Reactions: SkooterG

· Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,380 Posts
Really weird that they can't be bothered to actually take a picture of the product
My Guess is nobody sent in a picture yet. Looks like they do not have any reviews, yet, either....

· Registered
258 Posts
Ditto....... I know he sells carbon fiber wrap for the tank trim, but didn't know he offers to install it. There was one on my '06 project bike and it looked professionally done (if he did it).
Interestingly enough...... My '14 FJR was the first FJR he installed that carbon fiber tank trim on. It is my FJR in the photo on his website. After purchasing my '14 FJR brand new - only the 2nd I've purchased new out of the 15 I have owned I wanted it done up right. While I have installed the protective film myself previously, for me, it's a major ass-pain. So, I rode out to San Diego to visit mom. Then one day rode up to where he lives ( and runs his business out of his house/garage) and he and his son installed the entire kit for me. I had already applied the CF wrap to one of the nose pieces and the two side adjustable pieces. We got to talking and he said he would do my tank trim panel. Sweet! At his suggestion, they also CF wrapped the chrome trim piece on both of the side cases. Looks great imho.

· Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,380 Posts
Skooter, You have a Very Nice setup!! Damn!! All The Things! :ROFLMAO:

How do you like the FJR Yoshimuras?

· Registered
16 Posts
So I took RaYzerman's Template he posted for the fjr1300 side cover protectors and added the FJR Logo to them and then implemented them onto my 2019 FJR1300ES. Ill post the templates I made and show all the steps I made along the way.

Attachments

· Registered
16 Posts
So I used a chameleon carbon fiber vinyl wrap I found on amazon to wrap my entire bike to accent it. All I did was cut out the template, used a X-Acto knife to cut the FJR lettering out of the template on regular 8.5" x 11" paper. Then I traced it out onto the vinyl material I was using to wrap my bike. Then I cut the vinyl out the same way I cut the paper template out. Then I heated the vinyl up onto the bag. The reason you see a small cut towards the front was so I could work all the bubbles out of the vinyl. Then I just used a straight edge and cut the vinyl overhang off the top edge of the bag and heated that edge up to cure it in place. If you look at the photos I posted above, you'll see the paper templates I cut out, then the vinyl pieces I cut out. Then just peeled off the vinyl and stuck it on the bike and that was it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Here's a link to the custom vinyl job I did on the bike.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts