FJR Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 FJR1300 ES
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these advertised on Facebook, but it was clearly a scam. Does anyone know where I can buy this set from. It has the extra piece going down the front. I have scratches on my cases that were there when I bought the bike.

Thank you
Automotive tail & brake light Motorcycle Fuel tank Hood Automotive tire
Vehicle Fuel tank Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Automotive design Floor Flooring Fender
Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
72 Posts
This wrap looks really nice. Wish it was still available, however a Google search did not come up with any leads let alone pictures. So, whoever offered this wrap or service has ceased selling it.
There was a guy called thetankslapper that would wrap the gas tank trim piece between the seat and the tank with carbon fiber wrap. However reviews for this service on other forums were quite negative. I would recommend steering clear of him.

Good luck. Let us know if you find the source.

Reactions: DesertBike

· Registered
536 Posts
Tech Spec makes some nice covers. I’ve used their products in the past and have been meaning to get some of their covers for the FJR side cases. However, I ride without them 99% of the time.

Reactions: ReRose and BigOgre

· Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,442 Posts
Tech Spec makes some nice covers. I’ve used their products in the past and have been meaning to get some of their covers for the FJR side cases. However, I ride without them 99% of the time.
Really weird that they can't be bothered to actually take a picture of the product

· Premium Member
2021 FJR1300 ES
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I could make those with some wrap material ,cut out a paper shape and then use my vinyl cutter to make them . Looks good and could be easy to set up . I will try to make a set .
Let me know if you do and I'll buy some from you.

· Registered
2015 FJR ES
229 Posts
Yes keep us informed on this project.

Reactions: DesertBike

· Premium Member
536 Posts
I have the TechSpec Snake Skin pannier and gas tank protectors installed on my FJR:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,859 Posts
I haven't seen the ones posted, but they look like carbon fibre wrap material (i.e., thin). Top piece copies the TechSpec shape..... I have the backing paper off a set of TechSpecs, could easily trace that onto wrap material... Joe, I'll copy them and make you a set of templates if you like......

· Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I wouldn't mind a copy of that too Ray. ;)

· Registered
536 Posts
Really weird that they can't be bothered to actually take a picture of the product
I thought that was odd too. However, from buying their products in the past, I’ve no concerns about their quality.
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,859 Posts
Attached find a template. Print full size 8.5 x 11, preferably on heavy stock, then trim.... take the pencil lines off, I wouldn't go bigger. Note the square grid is 1" x 1" graph paper for reference. Note also, the upper and lower lines are curves, not straight.
Take your template and test fit to the saddlebag. Transfer to a piece of 1/4 or 1/8" hardboard and make a template you can use as a cutting guide on whatever material you choose.

Attachments

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,859 Posts
Thanks, guys, only too happy to help.

· Premium Member
2,036 Posts
@bradman
Here's my DIY suggestion: First I applied the clear sticky back film*** to the bike, then traced the area I want to cover. I used (flexible plastic ruller and led pencil/sharpie)
(***clear film I used for tracing is Home Depot, cupboard shelvings protective film, or similar)
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Eyewear Automotive mirror Bumper

Then peel the clear film from the bike, stick it to the back of a "clear protective film" (to create a negative), then use that on the back side of "carbon fiber vynil" and cut along the line.
Textile Office supplies Rectangle Font Pattern

If both sides of the bike are the same, you can just flip over your template and cut the other side.
This is how it looks.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Helmet Motocross Enduro

Blue Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Azure

For better curvatures use these:
Green Rectangle Organism Font Line

P.S. once done, save the backing papers, scan and share, just like Ray did :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts