FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade to a different bike and started looking around. My current bike is an 02 Honda shadow spirit 1100, and I enjoy it but it's just gotten old over the years to me. Not super comfy for long rides either.

Found a 2005 fjr 1300A Abs near me for $3600. Has 67k miles. Comes with I think everything it could from factory like hard bags and trunk, and he added some weird to me Clearwater Darla LED lights to the front near the middle of the tires, in addition to the headlights. Dunno what those are about really but anyway.
These are the other things he's listed-
Rifle windshield, FZ1 fuzeblock, Gaurald stiffy kit, newer tires, and some Larry ram mount stems.

Services within last 100 miles:
Valve clearance check - all within factory specs
Oil / filter change - Mobil 1 4T racing synthetic oil / Mobile 1 filter
New sparkplugs / coolant / rear drive gear lube (Amsoil 80-W90)
Clean title

Haven't had a chance to ride many different bikes at all so don't know if I'd love the ride of this bike but it's about 1.5hrs away from me so I'd like to be ready to buy if I do go take a look at it. The sport touring sounds nice to me, able to ride around town comfortably and with some speed but also longer highway miles also.
Biggest thing I'm wondering is if there's anything I should worry about with the higher mileage. Seems it's been taken care of well but who knows these days. And if I don't like it also wondering if I'd be able to get back near what I would pay.

Thanks for any and all comments, appreciate it to any who read all this!

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,411 Posts
67k isn't high miles. Price seems in the realm of reasonable, and it sounds well serviced.
You must be in MN or nearby since I see that bike on the local CL

·
Registered
12 Posts
67k isn't high miles. Price seems in the realm of reasonable, and it sounds well serviced.
Check to see if it has updated cam chain tensioner. Do a search here for info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm near Kato. Hopefully I can get the price closer to 3. Not many bikes listed anywhere under $10k that I'm seeing atm, owner or dealer. But I figure if I do end up not liking this and there's no major issues I should be able to get most of my money back this year yet.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,411 Posts
Yeah I'm near Kato. Hopefully I can get the price closer to 3. Not many bikes listed anywhere under $10k that I'm seeing atm, owner or dealer. But I figure if I do end up not liking this and there's no major issues I should be able to get most of my money back this year yet.
Not too many fjr for sale anywhere right now, and they seem to go quick locally.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Seeing how this is a local bike I had to take a look. Spotted hiway pegs and what looks to be a controller for heated grips, just some goodies that weren't listed in the ad. I would offer to meet up and look over the bike with you, but I absolutely hate driving in the twin cities.

Don't let 67k miles bother you, earlier this year I sold my 04 with 86k miles on it to buy a 14 with 86k miles on it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Might not be a bad idea to make sure the ABS system works. I've heard that GEN I ABS pumps have been known to go bad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You're gonna like it. First time you crack the throttle. That's a good price if it's still for sale go for it, I bought my 05' with 40k miles for $4000 and thought that was a good deal...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.