FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Know it all do you? I am a very busy man and if I had 571 posts here, I would be a talker and not a rider. Starting to see why you have so many posts here.
Don't jump to conclusions. The post was meant in your support as the pic was prompting the normal criticisms about the rider's choices which could've been you. And I was careful to say I "possibly" understood. In any case Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Yeah, I never understood the "no gloves" thing. I try to wear as much gear as possible but I will have to confess to going without my jacket a time or two when Missouri hits triple digits.
I am in full gear anytime I even leave the driveway on my bike. I live in north Texas. Triple digit summer temps are not unusual.

·
Registered
358 Posts
@bradman - Hope you had a great ThanksGiving as well.

@ALL - I typically try to stay off the road on holiday nights.
Depending on how late it is, more often than not I'll see at least one driver ping-ponging the lane (or worse) on the trip back home.
So I always text my immediate fam to watch out for tipsy drivers on the night drive back home.

Speaking of which, ANY alcohol doesn't work with two wheels.
First thing besides judgement to be affected is, balance.
With no one to run them off the road at 3AM, I used to wonder how motorcyclists were being found dead in ditches for the nightly news...

............ if I had 571 posts here, I would be a talker and not a rider........
Not aiming to fan any flames but this is an opportunity for a funny response... 😄

Tire Vehicle Wheel Helmet Automotive tire

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Intuit,, just for the record, I really hate cell phones & the idiots that use them, there is no shortage,,,of idiots that is !

·
Registered
2006 FJR1300A
33 Posts
Know it all do you? I am a very busy man and if I had 571 posts here, I would be a talker and not a rider. Starting to see why you have so many posts here.
I think Mr. Ogre may have been taking your side. My interpretation of his comment was that you posted a cautionary picture and in response the community ganged up on you with judgements on your gear choices. I felt like he was criticizing the responses to your post, not your post itself. I'm only guessing, of course.

·
Registered
2006 FJR1300A
33 Posts
I think Mr. Ogre may have been taking your side. My interpretation of his comment was that you posted a cautionary picture and in response the community ganged up on you with judgements on your gear choices. I felt like he was criticizing the responses to your post, not your post itself. I'm only guessing, of course.
and now I see I was late with my comments. Never mind.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts