FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJR
96 Posts
This is actually one of my biggest fears. Shitty drivers are all over but for the most part, you can see them coming, have some pattern and compensate accordingly. All bets are off for wildlife. I've had deer bolt across the road only to stop, do a 180 and run back across. It doesn't help that the best roads to ride are often through thick forests/woods and are less traveled.

·
Registered
2007 FJR
96 Posts
I see bare hands sliding down asphalt.
Yeah, I never understood the "no gloves" thing. I try to wear as much gear as possible but I will have to confess to going without my jacket a time or two when Missouri hits triple digits.

However, I always wear boots, helmet, and gloves. No exception. Sometimes I wear a condom too "just in case".

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,210 Posts
Yeah, I never understood the "no gloves" thing. I try to wear as much gear as possible but I will have to confess to going without my jacket a time or two when Missouri hits triple digits.

However, I always wear boots, helmet, and gloves. No exception. Sometimes I wear a condom too "just in case".
No gloves 90% of the time - falling on your hands is a bad instinctive behavior.

·
Registered
2003 & 2013 FJR1300A
279 Posts
A guy I know hit a bear on his Harley a few months ago. Had just retired from the Illinois state police. He was riding with two other guys that were on faster bikes and they were quite a bit ahead, curvy road. Totaled his bike and told the other two to go ahead, they were on a two week ride and were pretty far from home, said he would rent a car or catch a flight. He ended up in the hospital for a week and half but didn’t want it to keep the othered form having a good ride so he didn’t tell them until they got home. Minimal gear I’m sure.

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha FJR1300
34 Posts
I'll always remember my first bike (Huffy dirt bike) and how I scoffed at the kids with the padded gooseneck pads. Well, after completing a jump, I straddled the gooseneck, rode into a river bed and lay on the rocks struggling with my newfound pain (Still a developing young lad). I quickly learned the importance of proper PPE.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Reactions: Deets55

·
Registered
2021 FJR1300 ES
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I doubt that @bradman took the photo. That's not an FJR. ;)
Correct. I didn't take the photo and it's over ten years old. It's a photo from somewhere along the way. I do follow the people on here that provide pertinent information about the FJR and how to work on it. Typically I don't say much.

·
Registered
2021 FJR1300 ES
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I have learned so much about my motorcycles by being on here and am very thankful for you guiding me through so many farkles along the way. I've done so many upgrades to my bikes from Clearwater lights to the extended foot pegs. Again, Happy Thanksgiving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts