FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

At long last, today I plunked my deposit down for a brand new FJR1300A today.

It's been a bit of a wait...

As long time FJ1200 ('92) owner I was elated back in 2002 (or was it 2001?) when the FJR1300 was announced and then quickly crushed when Yamaha said my new dream bike wouldn't even be available in Canada.

A little while later, I was transferred to the UK for a 2 year assignment and wouldn't you know it, just around that same time Yamaha announced they would be bringing the bike to North America after all (I was amongst the many of us that actually wrote to Yamaha to petition them and would like to think that we maybe helped them change their position). While it was tempting to get a bike in the UK, my postition there was temporary so I decided to hold off until I returned home.

Now that I've settled back home in Canada I decided it was high time to get back in the saddle. And with the unseasonably warm weather we've been having this winter, I guess my annual "new motorcycle spring feaver" just happened a little earlier than usual.

Anyhow, I've been a "lurker" on this board for many a year, and got some great information (and more than a few laughs) from the posts I've read here.

So I figured now that I've got an '06 FJR1300 reserved it was high time that I come out of the closet (er, so to speak), tell my story, and join the party!

Needless to say I'm a bit excited.

Do any former waiters have any advice on how to pass the time? For instance will putting on my helmet and gloves and making "vroom vroom" noises help any?

·
Registered
38 Posts
waiting.......

Let's see: salivating over '06 pics, constantly reading and rereading some forums on FJR sites....still make for a l-o-n-g wait.

In the meantime I hope you have something else to ride! Lots of other fun bikes out there, but when my new FJR (finally) gets here in March a big hole will be filled in my current small collection of licensed bikes: '74 BMW R75/6, '04 H-D 1200R...modified and a razor sharp handling (but short ranged) '05 Suzuki DR-Z400SM. All 3 are nice, especially my Sportster, but for long range, high speed, comfortable riding fun the FJR should be hard to beat...IF the heat issue that my '03 FJR had is really resolved. Also, if my new right hip works properly, too.

DFO :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get excited...

My wife was making fun of me the other day about how excited I get over purchases like this. My response to her was, when you stop and think about it, there are only a precious few times in your life that you get to buy something that really excites you. So, please don't ruin it for me.

My dealer informed me today that my A model shows March as the estimated delivery on the dealer website! I think I will plan a trip. When is Bike Week? :wink:

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome

Pass the time, lets see, you are in Canada so you could;

Collect Labatts Blue bottles
Count the bridges to Vancouver
Ponder how much snow falls in Quebec
Plan your FJR Tim Hortons Poker Run
Ice Fish
Visit the Guy Lambardo museum in London (my wife is from London)
Read Anne of Green Gables
Go to Prince Edward Island and flash your car lights to confuse ships

Well, that would be a good start anyhow
:p

Welcome again,

Boof

·
Registered
22 Posts
As I was surfing for fuel injection boxes...Hey honey what are you looking at? Ahh.. something for a FJR1300. Oh, for the motorcycle you don't even have yet? Isn't that special! Smart ass woman, but a very good and understanding one. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
:D I have no business telling you or any other lurker this but feel that it is my sworn duty to do so:

Two days ago I was putting a swimming pool filtering motor on a friends pool here in Naples, Florida. And, we had to go back to a place to get a set of motor washers. Well, we were at a light and an 05 FJR was across the street from us. I told my friend that that was the kind of bike that I had on order (06) and was as excited as a hog in slop about getting it.

The man on the FJR turned the corner, got on the main road and toooook off. Not fast but a steady moving down the road kinnna look. At about 4 seconds, we could no longer see the darn thing on the street and my friend said "damn, he just turned the corner and took off like a rocket, even tho he seemed to not take off fast.

Me, I just sat there and said, Oh' My Gawd, I can't wait for an April delivery.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I feel a bit akin to you (92FJ, lusted for the FJR in europe, lurked, petition, etc) but broke down and bought one snowbound weekend in jan 03 when my wife was out of town. I've enjoyed every minute of it but am now stuck with an old 03 and having to listen to all you waiters for the new "improved" 06 model. Where about in Canada are you so we can help you farkel your way to bankrupcy....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another Canadian :lol: ...welcome :lol: ..wish you the best... hey Pierre....what does that make :shock: 8 of us now :?: anyhow feel free with any questions,, this fjr site has great members always willing to help

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes Mike, but this Canadian was sent to the UK for the two year civilisation course.....

Welcome to the site Brian......at last!!

(Zane..I know where you live my little love mutton.. :wink: )

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies and "suggestions" everyone - very helpful. Good to hear from some of my Canuck FJR bretheren out there too. Would be great to organize a meet at some point if we're somewhere in the same general vicinity.

As for where I live, I'm in Ontario, about 1.5 hrs north of Toronto.

My dealer told me late March is when the FJR shipment will arrive into Port - another week or two after that and it should be at my dealer so looking at mid-April delivery.

Wahoooo.

As for FJRPierre having to watch someone else rocket away on an FJR, thankfully I haven't had to see that yet as January and February are a tad cold and slippery for motorcycle ridin' right now. However, I'll be in California in a few weeks and no doubt have to go through that experience - it will be a bit tramatic, but hopefully I'll manage through it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello All
I just joined. I also am going to put down the big bucks for an fjr. The local dealer has an 05 on the floor for 16,900 Can. An 06 can be had for 17,900 list is 18,899. I am leaning toward the 06 because of the upgrades to the cooling and the adjustable seat and handle bars. There is quite a difference in the price between US and Canadian prices adjusting for the currant exchange so I 'm hoping they will lower the price here accordingly.
This site has been very informative in helping me to make my decision
I guess I will be in that line up for delivery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts