FJR Owners Forum banner

Linked Brakes Delete Possible?

7K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  RaYzerman 
Seems easy enough. Get a brake line that goes from rear mc to rear caliper. Plug the in/out in the abs block/ prop valve that the rear circuit used to use. Shouldn't have to do anything else.

I enjoy watching videos like the one posted. makes me want to remove all of the plastic (and anything else that may get damaged) ,wrap myself in bubble wrap and go out and practice.
You can just come to MN and try to ride on St. Paul city streets. It becomes pretty natural after while - avoiding all the potholes (and gunfire)

I did the BRC 2 class (MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 - Skills Practice) with mine last summer, not long after buying it.

To me, the bike carries its weight extremely well, even at slow speeds. Before the class was over, I was doing full-lock U-turns without too much sweat.

I did have all the luggage removed, so it wouldn't get damaged if I dropped the bike. I had engine guards (Canyon Cages) at the time so I wasn't too worried about a low-speed drop breaking stuff. As it turned out I didn't come close to dropping. Not because I'm especially skilled, I feel it's more that the FJR is fairly forgiving compared to some taller, heavier bikes.
Chucks tip of the day. If you have luggage guards, make sure you have good stiff boots if you try to save a turn with a foot down. I credit my formas for saving my ankle and lower leg in an incident that picked the rear tire up off the ground. Didn't dump it, but it skipped a bit.

U-turns are done with your weight on the outside peg using throttle and dragging the clutch. No brake ever.
Personally, I drag the rear brake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.