FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
FJR1300 A, TMax 530 DX, Tracer GT900, XS850
281 Posts
It is more to do with water (particularly with anti ice additive) getting into and corroding a dryish bearing. If you keep an eye on them and regrease annually, they will last almost indefinitely.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
Sorry, I got you confused with someone who said 125k........ yours may be OK.

I’ve got only 27,000 on my 2015, is that really high for the bearings?!

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I’ll probably attempt it this weekend. Looks like getting to the bolt that’s right behind the center stand when its holding the bike up should be fun😆

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
Not hard, just drop the rear dogbones down until they hit the floor, then pivot the relay arm forward and it's accessible. Remove shock mount bolt of course and put a piece of wood (1x3) under your back wheel as a pry tool for later.

Reactions: fjrlee

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Not hard, just drop the rear dogbones down until they hit the floor, then pivot the relay arm forward and it's accessible. Remove shock mount bolt of course and put a piece of wood (1x3) under your back wheel as a pry tool for later.
EDITED:
So now i see what you guys were saying. The bottom three are indeed a piece of cake with just the center stand and a scissor jack with a block of wood for the rear of the swingarm. The 4th “unreachable” pivot has lots of room in the joint, doesn’t seem like it would be easy to bind that sucker up unless you live in the northern US or Canada with snow and regular road treatment. I feel like i can gun some spray lithium up there and that might be enough. Getting it out does look like absolute hell though.

So i did the linkage with fresh marine grade grease, and still creaks!

EDIT: I found it!! The upper ring of the shock spring where it touches the metal tension flange. It was that!! I doused it with teflon lube and after a handful of bounces on the frame it went away!! So basically i did an entire linkage service because of that stupid shock spring!😆😆

61 - 66 of 66 Posts