FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice left side muffler for sale, no dents but a couple of small scrapes (about a quarter of the size of a penny). You have to look really close to see them. $100.00 includes shipping

·
Registered
25 Posts
L/H Muffler

Hi "Budman"

Do you think the scraped could be minimised with polishing ?? Would you consider shipping to Ireland if so let me know and how you would like to be paid.
As it happens my left muffler got damaged at the (open) end-got a small dent somehow-(2003 Euro model). Because of where the damage is it looks worse than it actually is. I got a pair of end caps but there's still a bit visable I was looking to replace it .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J. Griffin, I just sent a set of shocks to Ireland and it cost $61.00 to mail. I'm sure it would be a bit more for the muffler. As far a the small scrapes go, I really can't give an opinion but since they are stainless, polishing should work. I will tell you that the marks are really mimimal. I will check it again. I bought a pair because I crashed mine on the right side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Muffler

Sounds good..let me know when you have a total including
shipping. Just as a check-left side to me is gear change side !!

Talk soon

THANKS

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, Yes, left side is shifter side. I took pipe out of wrapper yesterday and the spots that I told you about are also small dimples. Again they are barely noticeable. From the side they are on the lower part of the muffler, so with muffler on bike and person standing next to it , they would be barely visible. I'm not trying to spoil the sale or anything but would rather have an accurate description. Shipping cost would prohit returning. If you are an ebay member, I could list with a buy it now price and payment could go through pay pal and they would handle exchange rate and all that. If you are still interested, I will take to post office tomorrow and get accurate weight and cost. Thanks, Budman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Muffler

Hi Budman
That sounds good enough....after all we are not talking about a
brand new replacement. Would not dream of returning the pipe.
I'm registered with E-Bay and PayPal though to be honest I've
never bought anything on E-Bay but I have used PayPal buying
different bits for the FJR, cant say it was always a seemless
transaction. By all means I will go that way if you want alternatively
if you want "cash" direct to you let me know, hold the pipe until
the money gets into your account/bank or better still your pocket.
Let me know. By the way I lived "next door" to you in Clifton NJ
for a couple of years, still miss it,still have relatives there.
Talk soon, thanks again.
Much appreciated
John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Muffler

Hi Charles
Thats "the business" -will do. Just read the mail now.It's Friday 20.15 now and if I can get the money order tomorrow I'll do so if not it will be Monday at the latest. I presume it's an international money order-it's
just that I've not done it before.
Thanks again
Regards
John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Muffler

Hi Charles

Just to let you know..I completely forgot it was the May Day holiday
weekend here,everything shut until Tuesday hence small delay.
Regards
John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts