FJR Owners Forum banner

Lazy Day Laser Day

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Whooshka 
#1 ·
Chill rainy day so I spent the day working on this. Proof of concept, so no paint or finish, but I think it'll work!
Drew up in Illustrator and cut out in Lightburn on the Laser.
Art Wall Font Wood Snout

Assembled
Wood Automotive design Rolling Art Font

See less See more
#5 ·
Dang... Got some mad skills!! Nice work!!

Reactions: BeardBarreBokeh
#9 ·
BeardBarreBokeh,

You can convert the best images from friends into your solid art.
Posted this a while back, but you can change any photo into a line drawing, suitable for Laser and other computer-driven cutters. I use GIMP, which is free; it produces a choice of output formats. There are other graphics editors with similar capabilities, as well.
Line drawings from photo images:
GIMP
https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Photo_To_Sketch/
other choices:
11 Best Methods to Convert Photo to Line Drawing Online for Free
HTH.

#11 ·
Their final form.

Made another version with a topbox for those who roll that way.

Can be painted in any body color so long as I can find a reasonable approximation somewhere. :)

A couple people have asked, so...not to make an advertisement, but if you're interested in acquiring one, shoot me a DM and we'll work it out.

#15 ·
Their final form.

Made another version with a topbox for those who roll that way.

Can be painted in any body color so long as I can find a reasonable approximation somewhere. :)

A couple people have asked, so...not to make an advertisement, but if you're interested in acquiring one, shoot me a DM and we'll work it out.

Wow! Well done sir! I'm interested in a Cobalt Blue version without the top box. I'll DM to see if I can afford it.

Reactions: BeardBarreBokeh
#12 ·
Nice Work!!

#13 ·
I swear that I look at the skillful abilities of others and realize I have no skills and I can cut myself holding a flatblade screwdriver.
Maybe that is why my wife does stuff on my bikes for me as she builds assemblies and repairs others mistakes at the old airplane factory. I hand her tools and clean rags so she does not get my bike dirty ..... (y)(y):unsure:(y)(y)

#14 ·
I agree, Bobby! I really like that we all share a common pleasure with the FJRs and bikes, in general. But to see the other skills, talents and abilities, so many of you all have, really impresses me. We are not just a pack of meathead bikers!

I thoroughly enjoy when you all share your talents with us! We are so diverse, in so many ways, but that common thread of being a biker...really brings it all together nicely!

Well done, you all, I am humbled!

Reactions: ReRose and Whooshka
#18 ·
Don't laugh. I bought 3. One for each of my buddies and myself. Silver, red and graphite. Friend with the black '08 sold his.

Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

#19 ·
Chill rainy day so I spent the day working on this. Proof of concept, so no paint or finish, but I think it'll work!
Drew up in Illustrator and cut out in Lightburn on the Laser.
View attachment 90341

Assembled
View attachment 90342
Don't laugh. I bought 3. One for each of my buddies and myself. Silver, red and graphite. Friend with the black '08 sold his.

View attachment 90488
Hey all. Just received my FJR's. Very cool. And, very professionally packaged. Check 'em out:
Vehicle Hood Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.