FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've booked a Hotel in Landeck in the Austrian Tyrol for mid September l would appreciate any ideas/info from anyone who's been to the area.
On another note while doing the Stelvio Pass in Italy last year I had a nightmare on the climb. My Baglux Tektra Tank Bag which I use all
the time turned out to be much more restrictive than I had previously
thought.
The Tektra has "side" pockets which I have always found handy but
as I say a little bit restrictive in "normal" turning. When I got to the Stelvio I found at times I had to stop and have two or three attempts
to get round some of the hairpins. Eventually I stopped and cut up a spare tie down and tied the bag to the pillion seat (very neat fit).
I could not believe the difference but that was not before I had "ahem"
brought some traffic to halt once or twice.
I still feel I could improve my approach and I was wondering what is the right technique for such climbs.

Regards
John G.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That wouldn't be at the Enzian by any chance would it? If it is enjoy, excellent hotel and very bike friendly. Klaus, the owner is going to be at the Scottish Motorcycle show this weekend as a guest of Freedom Touring who I went to Italy with a few years ago. We stayed at the Wiessespitze their sister hotel in Kaunertal which is just up the road from Landeck. Try and make time to go up to the glacier there and definitely take advantage of the sauna and massage facilities!

·
Registered
141 Posts
+1 on Enzian. :) Can't really go wrong in the area. With dozens of passes in the direct neighbourhood, you will have a lot of great fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ian

Thanks for that....I've booked the Wiessespitze. Initally I had e-mailed
the Enzian and it does look good. I had been waiting a reply to an enquiry
which they did reply to but our security software was treating the replies as spam. As I had to commit to booking holidays at the time I went with
the Wiessespitze. If you get time would you just briefly outline what you where able to get done as regards day trips etc.

THANKS again
Regards
John G.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sorry John, we were only there for 2 nights on the way back from Italy so the only day out was up to the glacier. They will however gladly give you a road book with lots of rides that are available in the local area. But here's an idea of the sort of scenery you'll be riding through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts