FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too many places to install a sound bar on an fjr but where there is a Will there is a way.I installed Heli bars prior to this install and was concerned with clearance issues but everything fits and no it did not effect steering input.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's a sweet setup, Willie!

Speakers are weatherproof, I assume?

How's the sound at freeway speeds?

Back in the late 80's I had an "Audio Cannon" mounted on my '82 V45 Sabre - served me well on my cross country jaunts.

It's so retro and vintage, I couldn't even find a pic on the interwebz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
upgrade to the zumo zt. you won't regret it. Then you can pair your phone with the xt and the xt with the speaker. change songs while you are riding.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,379 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend everyone do your homework before buying an XT. For many people worldwide the XT is quickly becoming a very expensive paperweight. It's why I haven't bought one. The only thing it's got going for it is a brighter screen. Nothing else about it is at all appealing. Garmin Zumo XT - Zumo User Forums

OP- nice install. Not my style but hey, to each his/her/its own! I'm more of a mp3 with earbuds man. I need the hearing protection, too. Black Foam Eartips

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sound bar is water proof an
That's a sweet setup, Willie!

Speakers are weatherproof, I assume?

How's the sound at freeway speeds?

Back in the late 80's I had an "Audio Cannon" mounted on my '82 V45 Sabre - served me well on my cross country jaunts.

It's so retro and vintage, I couldn't even find a pic on the interwebz.
yes the sound bar is waterproof and the sound level and quality is awesome at pretty much any speed with a full face modular helmet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why would you need something like this?
Isn't this like mounting speakers on top.of the cars bonnet?

·
Registered
539 Posts
No different than the big full fairing bikes that mount speakers in the dash.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
No different than the big full fairing bikes that mount speakers in the dash.
Got a neighbor down the block who blasts his music so loud you can hear him coming 2 blocks away. Says it's the only way he can hear it clearly. Annoying as all hell.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Got a neighbor down the block who blasts his music so loud you can hear him coming 2 blocks away. Says it's the only way he can hear it clearly. Annoying as all hell.
Yeah - I wouldn't do it, I have speakers in my helmet (Sena SRL2) that I can hear with my filtered ear plugs. I live near a Harley Bar and aside from the pipes, you also hear a lot of loud music coming from the bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
upgrade to the zumo zt. you won't regret it. Then you can pair your phone with the xt and the xt with the speaker. change songs while you are riding.
[
because when i
Well because when i'm
Well because I prefer an external audio source over speakers in the helmet and i'm smart enough to do it and do it rite.If you had one mounted on your bike like you see in the pic you might understand but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
“If the music is too loud - you’re too OLD”

·
Registered
387 Posts
Custom molded in-ear monitors for me, with a wired connection (old school) to a MP3 player. A cheaper solution, and one I've had equally good success with, are off-the-shelf IEMs from Westone and Shure using Shure's triple flange tips on both. Well-sealed IEMs allow you to listen to music at very reasonable (aka low) levels, at all speeds, and act as earplugs when you tire of listening to music and just want to listen to the voices in your head. I've tried helmet speakers (Bass Monsters by Collette) but with most helmets they rub up against my ears, which becomes painful after a short while. External speakers are not my style either.

Haynes

·
Registered
387 Posts
“If the music is too loud - you’re too OLD”
Or too deaf.😁

Hearing loss is usually permanent. Tinnitus isn't fun.

And yes, I know you're just having fun!

Cheers.

Haynes

Reactions: RedRockFJRider14

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I also don't care for the outdoor speaker use, but your installation looks well done. Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts