FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
UPS is like $93.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dimensional weight is a killer. When you try UPS enter the promo code "EASY" for a pretty good discount. But it is still going to be really expensive to ship a large box regardless of weight unless you have a commercial discount plan. With discount it just cost me $26 to ship an 18x16x8 box that weighed 6 lbs (an FJR seat)
Oh I didn't see your post. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Chuck, USPS pricing is crazy right now, UPS is about 1/2 the price. Use smallest box possible. Easy code may or may not work, try it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,255 Posts
Chuck, USPS pricing is crazy right now, UPS is about 1/2 the price. Use smallest box possible. Easy code may or may not work, try it anyway.
They are pretty close for large boxes where dimensional weight comes into play, I ship stuff weekly using both. USPS has the advantage when you can jam stuff into their flat rate boxes. The EASY code works for any UPS shipment - 10% on ground, 20% on Next/2nd/3rd day and 30% on international. Used it twice this week already ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I must have done something wrong, I can't believe it costs this much. Using the USPS shipping calculator for a 15 pound box measuring 25 X 22 X 18 the estimate was $111.15. I'll check UPS
Bellieve me, I found that out the hard way. I sold 2 top cases once and the shipping killed any profit. I basically gave them away when you factor in the cost. Will never make that mistake again; with the effort to box them up safely and material to ship them in, I was in the negative. Still remember my astonishment at how much they were asking to ship them, but I had received the money from the buyer and a deal is a deal. Got burned on that big time.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
Shipping costs have risen substantially in the last 3 years..... USPS changed it's ways and rates are now based on distance to destination. UPSFedex still expensive... get used to it.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Gotta try again. Couldn't find where I could enter promo code EASY

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bellieve me, I found that out the hard way. I sold 2 top cases once and the shipping killed any profit. I basically gave them away when you factor in the cost. Will never make that mistake again; with the effort to box them up safely and material to ship them in, I was in the negative. Still remember my astonishment at how much they were asking to ship them, but I had received the money from the buyer and a deal is a deal. Got burned on that big time.
That blows. If it gets to the point I'm only making $20 I'll just keep it. Always good to have a back up anyway.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Hey that worked! Thanks from 1 Chuck to another.

KawRider, UPS ground comes to $67.77 shipping to 75234

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Still available for $100 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Considering it was $67 to Texas I'm gonna guess $50. If it's less I'll adjust it, if it's more I'll eat it.

Reactions: bmatic

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Still available.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts