FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came with my '015 and I found it a little too large for my needs.

Great condition with the exception of some adhesive residue on the inside from a mod I had made. 53 Liters, back rest, carpeted bottom, document holder, mounts to a Givi Monokey base plate (not included), 2 keys.

Asking $125 plus shipping. * Price dropped to $100 plus shipping *

I have to give FJR Dan and Chrismvol first dibs as they previously posted interest before I put this up for sale. I'll give them a couple of days to respond otherwise it's up for grabs.
Automotive design Camera accessory Cameras & optics Automotive lighting Material property
Light Plant Luggage and bags Automotive exterior Bag
Plant Hood Automotive design Grass Tints and shades
Peripheral Automotive tire Plant Input device Automotive design
Luggage and bags Bag Grass Personal protective equipment Tints and shades
Wheel Tire Sports equipment Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
93 Posts
You're selling my top box. Bugger, Gimme, I want it back. :):) A buck and a quarter is fine. I can ride out one night this week if you're around. Lemme know, Thanks, Barry

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Barry! That might work, let me check what my schedule looks like when I get into work Monday morning.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks, I'm thinking wednesday/thursday late afternoon.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm thinking wednesday/thursday late afternoon.
Having trouble freeing up some time this week. Wife is staying at her Dad's who is having a health issue and I've got my 5 year old. And I've got out of town family heading in Friday. Can it wait until next week? I'd hate to ask you to drive all the way here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi; No rush at all. I have to run down to Ocean City, NJ Thursday next week. . Depending upon timing, I can run past your place on the way home. Let me know if that might work. Thanks, Barry

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi; No rush at all. I have to run down to Ocean City, NJ Thursday next week. . Depending upon timing, I can run past your place on the way home. Let me know if that might work. Thanks, Barry
That should work. (y)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Whooshka,
Sorry have been out of town. I will purchase if still available.
Thanks,
Chris
I'm sorry but I had not heard back from anybody and struck a deal with the fellow I bought my bike from

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sorry but I had not heard back from anybody and struck a deal with the fellow I bought my bike from
Hey Chuck; It looks like I'm making a deal on a 2015ES and it's coming with a 56L Givi top box, so as much as I liked that Kappa box, I may not need it any longer. Hopefully Chris is watching this thread. Sorry mate, I was looking forward to seeing you. Are you considering IMS in Carlisle PA? I already have tickets 9-10 to 9-12.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Chuck; It looks like I'm making a deal on a 2015ES and it's coming with a 56L Givi top box, so as much as I liked that Kappa box, I may not need it any longer. Hopefully Chris is watching this thread. Sorry mate, I was looking forward to seeing you. Are you considering IMS in Carlisle PA? I already have tickets 9-10 to 9-12.
No problem Barry. Would be good to ride with you also. I've got tentative plans for a 3 day ride with my usual crew in Virginia but if that falls thru I'll give you a buzz. Good luck with the new bike!

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump. Still available.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price drop to $100 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've never had it not lock as long as you latch it and turn the key.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just realized you asked for a shipping quote. I'll have to measure and weigh a box for it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must have done something wrong, I can't believe it costs this much. Using the USPS shipping calculator for a 15 pound box measuring 25 X 22 X 18 the estimate was $111.15. I'll check UPS

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,259 Posts
I must have done something wrong, I can't believe it costs this much. Using the USPS shipping calculator for a 15 pound box measuring 25 X 22 X 18 the estimate was $111.15. I'll check UPS
Dimensional weight is a killer. When you try UPS enter the promo code "EASY" for a pretty good discount. But it is still going to be really expensive to ship a large box regardless of weight unless you have a commercial discount plan. With discount it just cost me $26 to ship an 18x16x8 box that weighed 6 lbs (an FJR seat)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts